she broke her truck...... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #1

Garage

does it EVERY end?

so last Friday I was going to change the rear shocks, rear pumpkin fluid, tranny fluid & filters, engine oil, and look for a noise we had been hearing.

So, what better way to spend your day after thanksgiving and last day of vacation?

But alas I found this bit of an OOPS, when draining the rear diff
(and thanks to Freeze for his confirmation of what we thought it was )

okay so this is how the day went, I was in town working in my buddies garage
(John took Karla to the hospital when her water broke, and was the 2nd person outside of hospital to hold baby Kallie, a good buddy)
Some of you might recognize this is as the same garage where another buddy painted her truck a few years back.
one big happy family in our little town for sure.

still a good looking truck at 108,569 miles, don't care what nobody says .
she would look even better if Haulin A would get off his butt and ship me her lights!!

So by buddie's cousin, Chet. lives next door and he and his boys walked over to see what everyone was doing today.
he is our local "superjay" he has built many many mopars over his 66+yrs..

I show him the parts and he first says "Pinion bearing or keepers on the locker...."
I then told him all the teeth were there on both pinion and ring, and I could not SEE any missing parts nor "hear" any LOUD noise.
I told him I was taking it to A & A Transmission (local shop) the next day and he................well......he.....did a move that reminded me of our good friend here............hummmm............................ ......
to protect the guilty around here I will use this REAL picture I took this past Oct on our first vacation trip (since the Ohio rally ) to FL

so i ask Chet okay WHERE do i go? can YOU get it done?
he said sure could but he is swamped building another race car......wait, let me call Bruce....
okay the other 5 guys standing there say......yeah Bruce can take care of it.
OKAY WHO THE HELL IS THIS BRUCE AND WHERE IS HE????
so he calls, and Bruce says probably the locker, just finished fixing a couple last month.

I say HOW MUCH? Chet says $800.00 (already called dealer earlier for a guestimate of $2500+)

I say ( of course) WHEN?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!!!?

he calls Bruce back and says first thing in the morning.
so Chet said he could take me out first thing to drop it off.

sweeet.............................

Okay so now I need $500.00 cash TODAY to give him for parts order on Monday, and find a rental car. crap. (brakes are out on my old chevy)

So my buddies brother was there at the shop (swapping engines in the dump truck we are all building together (sorry, no pics of it, but then it's a FURD ) he walks down the driveway. I say to John "where is Mike going?"
So where he was going was to the nearest ATM, he grabs $500.00 cash out of ATM (banks are closed at this point, and I can only get $200 out of my bank) hands it back to me and says-

"there, Now all you need is a car to drive"

double sweet.................

so I send a txt to yet another buddy, who told me just two weeks ago if you need ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING (mow your grass, clean your gutters...etc...) let me know.
so I arrive 20mins later at home with this..

triple sweet..................

(yeah, i know but it's FREE )

So there you have it FOLKS a day in the life of Baby Kallie's family......

as Karla and I say all the time, angels DO walk among us.
the stars aligned just RIGHT that day and more then one angel walked over to the garage that day and this all worked out.
We have more medicals coming up and January is right around the corner with a new deductible on the insurance starting back up.....hummmm,
maybe we will just cancel Christmas around here??
don't think baby will mind?

so say a prayer or two or three.

So yes we did get the truck back it was done Tuesday he put us in front of his other vehicles..... sweet.....oh and a bonus to boot is he only lives about 5 miles from us....

oh.........and ...Karla? sick, very sick and tired of being sick .

Karla and I were talking that we need to write a book or three, her life before me and my life before her and our life together.....never a dull moment....

Oh and BTW, we just put another 200 miles on her truck this past Sunday (had turkey dinner with some friends) with the damage already done my guess, and who knows, if the noise I thought was road noise from the larger aggressive tires goes away, we had this issue on the 1500 mile round trip to FL and back last month.....

Glory be to GOD

your sometimes lost friend, dave

thank you ALL for Listening.....................

(still cheaper then a new truck payment )

oh, and i spoke to someone about chucking it all and going with one of those 3yr leases?
you know just turn the damn thing in every three years, and do nothing cept change oil?

he said and i quote.

"first practice, see how you like it before you do this. take $500-$700 a month and BURN in that wood stove that heats your house, if your good with that, then go get a new truck"

NOT !!!!!

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn True Blue Pearl, Amsoil, Re-trax, Bedrug
2003 4x4 LB QC CAI, SC, Amsoil, Shorties, LED tails. GONE but never forgotten.

Member # 1450
nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #2

Garage

does it EVERY end?

so last Friday I was going to change the rear shocks, rear pumpkin fluid, tranny fluid & filters, engine oil, and look for a noise we had been hearing.

So, what better way to spend your day after thanksgiving and last day of vacation?

But alas I found this bit of an OOPS, when draining the rear diff
(and thanks to Freeze for his confirmation of what we thought it was )

okay so this is how the day went, I was in town working in my buddies garage
(John took Karla to the hospital when her water broke, and was the 2nd person outside of hospital to hold baby Kallie, a good buddy)
Some of you might recognize this is as the same garage where another buddy painted her truck a few years back.
one big happy family in our little town for sure.

still a good looking truck at 108,569 miles, don't care what nobody says .
she would look even better if Haulin A would get off his butt and ship me her lights!!

So by buddie's cousin, Chet. lives next door and he and his boys walked over to see what everyone was doing today.
he is our local "superjay" he has built many many mopars over his 66+yrs..

I show him the parts and he first says "Pinion bearing or keepers on the locker...."
I then told him all the teeth were there on both pinion and ring, and I could not SEE any missing parts nor "hear" any LOUD noise.
I told him I was taking it to A & A Transmission (local shop) the next day and he................well......he.....did a move that reminded me of our good friend here............hummmm............................ ......
to protect the guilty around here I will use this REAL picture I took this past Oct on our first vacation trip (since the Ohio rally ) to FL

so i ask Chet okay WHERE do i go? can YOU get it done?
he said sure could but he is swamped building another race car......wait, let me call Bruce....
okay the other 5 guys standing there say......yeah Bruce can take care of it.
OKAY WHO THE HELL IS THIS BRUCE AND WHERE IS HE????
so he calls, and Bruce says probably the locker, just finished fixing a couple last month.

I say HOW MUCH? Chet says $800.00 (already called dealer earlier for a guestimate of $2500+)

I say ( of course) WHEN?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!!!?

he calls Bruce back and says first thing in the morning.
so Chet said he could take me out first thing to drop it off.

sweeet.............................

Okay so now I need $500.00 cash TODAY to give him for parts order on Monday, and find a rental car. crap. (brakes are out on my old chevy)

So my buddies brother was there at the shop (swapping engines in the dump truck we are all building together (sorry, no pics of it, but then it's a FURD ) he walks down the driveway. I say to John "where is Mike going?"
So where he was going was to the nearest ATM, he grabs $500.00 cash out of ATM (banks are closed at this point, and I can only get $200 out of my bank) hands it back to me and says-

"there, Now all you need is a car to drive"

double sweet.................

so I send a txt to yet another buddy, who told me just two weeks ago if you need ANYTHING, I mean ANYTHING (mow your grass, clean your gutters...etc...) let me know.
so I arrive 20mins later at home with this..

triple sweet..................

(yeah, i know but it's FREE )

So there you have it FOLKS a day in the life of Baby Kallie's family......

as Karla and I say all the time, angels DO walk among us.
the stars aligned just RIGHT that day and more then one angel walked over to the garage that day and this all worked out.
We have more medicals coming up and January is right around the corner with a new deductible on the insurance starting back up.....hummmm,
maybe we will just cancel Christmas around here??
don't think baby will mind?

so say a prayer or two or three.

So yes we did get the truck back it was done Tuesday he put us in front of his other vehicles..... sweet.....oh and a bonus to boot is he only lives about 5 miles from us....

oh.........and ...Karla? sick, very sick and tired of being sick .

Karla and I were talking that we need to write a book or three, her life before me and my life before her and our life together.....never a dull moment....

Oh and BTW, we just put another 200 miles on her truck this past Sunday (had turkey dinner with some friends) with the damage already done my guess, and who knows, if the noise I thought was road noise from the larger aggressive tires goes away, we had this issue on the 1500 mile round trip to FL and back last month.....

Glory be to GOD

your sometimes lost friend, dave

thank you ALL for Listening.....................

(still cheaper then a new truck payment )

oh, and i spoke to someone about chucking it all and going with one of those 3yr leases?
you know just turn the damn thing in every three years, and do nothing cept change oil?

he said and i quote.

"first practice, see how you like it before you do this. take $500-$700 a month and BURN in that wood stove that heats your house, if your good with that, then go get a new truck"

NOT !!!!!

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn True Blue Pearl, Amsoil, Re-trax, Bedrug
2003 4x4 LB QC CAI, SC, Amsoil, Shorties, LED tails. GONE but never forgotten.

Member # 1450
nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Looks like the email you sent me last week.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #5

Glad all fixed up. !! Done the 3yr thing, and no more!!!

dr.dred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Quote:
Originally posted by "RANCHER":
Looks like the email you sent me last week.
Me, too.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #7
Board of Directors (Jay)

Me three.
2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #8

Garage

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #9

I thought you were coming to the falls to get them Pm me your address and I will get them shipped soon.

Member of the final 4 at the Pigeon Forge DRAGS.

Proudly holding 3 awards.
1. "LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELLED" award for the gathering in Hemi In The Hills 3. (A total of 1120 Miles one way!)
2. "BROUGHT THE MOST BEER " award (as per MrBigWood). Canadian beer, eh?
3. "THE RULES WERE MADE TO BE BROKEN" award at the Pigeon Forge Rally ;)

Haulin' A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #10

Nope no lease here too. Oh and look what the nope dragged in all the way from that great white north.
Good to see you guys. EH Rick and Marc.

2011 Power Wagon Crew Cab
Deep Water Pearl Blue w/two tone Black and Red stripe/6 ton Winch/4.56 front and rear axle ratio/bilstein shocks on all 4 sides/Tru-Lok® Front and Rear Axles/Front Disconnecting Stabilizer Bar/remote starter/spray in bed liner/tow package/custom Fisher plow XtremeV SS/Magnaflow/Fog Lamps/Plasmaglow Fire & Ice/TomTom GPS/Rear Power Sliding Window/p windows/p driver seat/heated,p/tow mirrors/p steps/vent visors/Husky mud flaps/Wheel Flares/tonneau cover ...more to come

Member # 950

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth".

" Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers
What you do today, might Burn Your *** Tomorrow"

BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote