Remote starter - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-08-2005, 06:13 PM   #1

Remote starter

Has anyone ever attempted this? If so, I have plenty of questions.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #2

Remote starter

I have a remote starter that I bought several years ago and I'm thinking about putting it to use on my 04 Ram. The problem I'm having is the instructions are'nt that great. (This starter uses the factory keyless entry remote to start the vehicle by pressing un-lock 3 times.)

Here is some info someone might be able to use to help me out. http://www.designtech-intl.com/Conte...l?modelID=1765
This is not the starter that I have, but it has what looks like some usefull information.

Some I can figure out, like the main power wire and acc for the heat/ac. The connections that I question are......

Yellow (CN7) Connect to true ignition. This is the system ignition input and outputs. Assuree that this wire remains on during cranking.

Pink (CN9) (+) Start initiate input.

Orange/White (CN6) Crank output. This is the output that cranks the starter during remote start. Also used for starter bypass.

14 Pin Header wires on Remote start unit

Green wire (-)Door Connection.

Blue (-) Start initiate input.

Purple (+) Door input.

Thanks,

Mike This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Meadows, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:59:02 GMT-0800', '08 March 2005 08:59 PM')+''); 08 March 2005 08:59 PM
Old 03-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Director Emeritus

Garage
Remote starter

Motohead has a remote start - and of course TR1 Hemi is always nearby to answer electrical questions... I'm sure they'll see this shortly and will help you out!
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #4

Remote starter

Thanks MrH.

Mike
Old 03-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #5
shsuhemi

Remote starter

me too
Old 03-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #6

Remote starter

I need to know the year of your truck.
TR1 Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #7

Remote starter

I went to that site, and there were some inconsistancies with it and the dodge manuals. I f I am going to help you properly, I will need the pertinant pages of the installation manual, either e-mailed or scanned as a jpeg and posted here.
TR1 Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:53 PM   #8

Remote starter

Thanks TR, I'll do my best to get something to you this weekend. Got to find somebody with a scanner.

Mike
Old 03-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #9

Remote starter

Mike- I own a shop that does about 50-60 a week during peak season. I've installed starts since their beginning. I can give you the wiring and help you through it but anytime we've incorperated a start with an oem keyless entry it has always been a pain in the ***!! And we do it for a living. Not to mention your range is dictated by the range of the factory system= No range. send me a PM and I'll send you all the diagrams you can shake a stick at.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #10

Remote starter

Gibby, have you ever heard of Absolute's line of alarms/remote starters/pagers? I've got one with a zillion wires and I'm not sure if I want to mess with the install. I've got the schematics from the '03 Dodge Manual, but it's really hard to decipher. Do you have any diagrams for Rams without the OEM keyless entry?
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote