Hemi Truck Club banner

How often do you visit HTC

Question

3K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  RANCHER 
#1 · (Edited)
How often to do stop by HTC?
HTC was at one time one of the busiest Truck sites on the web. We have no idea what happened other than the economy. With an absentee owner we are trying to do what we can to make HTC a hot bed of information and fun. We need your input to see if there is something we can do to make it better again. Your ideas, thought or input would be appreciated. It's our site and it can once again be as good as we would like it to be. We just need to know what you want or need. Thanks!!!

#2 ·
More cow bell! We need more cow bell. :eek::D
:hide:

#3 ·
Seriously, I think its more of our fault then anything else. if we want this site to be great, its up to us to promote it.
If its something we appreciate and believe is a benefit, then we should and need to talk it up and promote it to the Hemi owners we come in contact with.

GTG's are a great way. And they can be just local things like the old days when all the Hot Roder's would meet up in a parking lot and show off and shoot the breeze about their vehicles.

I have printed up a bunch of HTC cards, and when I see a truck that clearly has an owner that is proud of it, I put a card on the door or under the wiper. Not sure if I am seeing result yet. But I am doing something. :thumb:

In the words of Forest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that."

Reactions: RANCHER
#4 ·
As of today I visit the site several times a day, mostly to see new topics. I am not a fan of the new format so I don't post much, one my biggest concerns is the problems we have with our chat room. I believe there is someone, somewhere, that is more up to date with modern technology that should be able to fix the errors and make the needed changes so that members would not become discouraged with the new site. When you get discouraged,, you loose interest,, when you loose interest,, you stay away. We need a owner as before who loves the Hemi Family .

#5 ·
I voted once a week but, that does not always hold true. In the "old days" there seemed to be a more friendly atmosphere. I go way back to just before the first forum change. I used to jump on HTC all the time to see what was new in the world of Hemi. Now Hemi's are everywhere, not just our trucks, so this is not the 'premier' place to be, as it once was. With the exception to the 'Hemi Truck only' rule it seems like just another forum to me, we've lost that common bond. I know that those who are most active will set the tone of the site and accept that. I don't have a 'fix' but, I will continue to check in with my Hemi Truck family when I can.

Reactions: RANCHER
#7 ·
I stop by daily and subscribe to what interests me.

#9 ·
quote]I believe there is someone, somewhere, that is more up to date with modern technology that should be able to fix the errors and make the needed changes so ................[quote

We might have the same folks who did obuma care

#10 ·
quote]I believe there is someone, somewhere, that is more up to date with modern technology that should be able to fix the errors and make the needed changes so ................[quote

We might have the same folks who did obuma care

OH. NO ,,well that would answer a lot of my concerns,, I haven't seen them do anything right

#11 ·
I vary so I'll say once a day, I think the new format may encourage people to sign up over the old. It's the same as other forums so more people are familiar with it's use. My brother reads on here frequently since he's looking at purchasing a new truck, even though it's been about 3 years now. He finally complimented that we got with the program on format layout lol.

#13 ·
I voted "once a day". Two reasons
1) I have no life
2) Because I accepted the position of Texas President I feel that it is my responsibility of the position and check the site more, respond to things more (welcome all new members, truck of the month, etc), and encourage activity. It's discouraging to me the members that accepted positions and don't remain active. In my opinion there is some responsibility of those positions to be an active member. I know we don't get paid but we do get a week on the HTC yacht each year.....works like a time share. :D
3) HTC and the strong bonds that we created "in the old" days saved my marriage. Especially, Morris' friendship with Doug.

Okay, three reasons. :queen:

#14 ·
I couldn't agree with you more Kima. The conversation about positions and members not being active is one that has been discussed and will be brought up again in the near future. I believe there will be more changes to the Board in particular in the near future. Those of us that have been here for a good length of time have made life long friendships that are part of our lives.
BTW...you didn't clean the yacht every well after your last party. :)

#15 ·
:lol::D

#19 ·
I am once a day mostly...REASON: A Lot has to do with how this site is run now that Mr. Hemi is gone. It seems that the new owner/s don't want to have anything to do with HTC other than to add one more site to their list of sites they already own.

I used to have 7 web sites up and running correctly a couple years back until it started to be a financial burden to me. None of my sites were built with outside sources like Go Daddy or others that let you build them from picking their own page sources and then you just insert the words you want. That's for people that can't write Script (so the web can read it correctly), and operate a Cpanel which is where sites store the images, fonts, threads, text, etc. to be displayed on the proper pages, in proper order. My sites were all made from scratch by me alone.

Remember when they changed over to this "new" format and had all the glitches in it? I tried helping Janet by explaining to her how to correct the script so it would be read correctly. After about 3 days I was told (in a nice way) that they had their own "EGG-SPERTS" and they would fix it themselves. So I quit trying to help.

I did take this personally, and never signed back in for about 2 months (my loss), until I realized how much I missed HTC & the members. So now I don't post like before, visit less, and just read until a member ASKS for help.

Think a moment about about this:...What happened to the HTC Rules??? We had a member bashing another member for stuff he said was posted in another forum in our FL Chapter thread. The bashing kept up until I had to open my big mouth and tried to squash it in the bud. It worked, but it should never have happened in the first place.

HOW LONG WOULD IT HAVE BEEN ONGOING HAD MR. HEMI BEEN IN CHARGE??...Probably until he read it for the first time...nuff said. Now I'll shut up...:D

#20 ·

Got any further ideas on how to make Java work with Internet Explorer 11?
The suggested 'fixes' have certainly helped some of our members but not all; including me :sad:.

Thanks, :thumb:

#22 ·
Sorry to hear about the bad things Al. Not sure why I missed it but I figured there were enough people in the Florida Chapter to take care of any issues and no one ever told me about the bashing. We have an new "Chat" ability now Doc. Check the lower right hand corner of your screen. I haven't gotten to use it yet..no one's home. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.