Oooops - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #1

Person buys (and remodels) wrong house.

http://money.msn.com/personal-...a5-9ec1-1ef8a312d60a

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."--Anonymous

Member # 3568

Mrs.BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I hope she ends up owning the real estate company and the bank.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

So let me get this straight. She re-wires and re-plumbs the wrong house without a permit? Around here, if someone even so much whispers "Remodel", 40 city trucks will come screaming down the road with inspectors in them. Of course if she had "Gone through proper channels" she might had discovered the error of her way long before picking up the plat and going "Whoops". Sheesh...Funny!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I doubt that your scenario applies to her Jim...
" Terry Jordan of Tate County, Miss. , thought she was doing everything right"
If it's like most rural counties there is not an inspector in the county at all.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Doug - I understand rural county. Just been living for so long in a county that has it's hands out and palms up ready to take in more jingle. Case in point and a little off the grid story: Any homeowner might decide, one day, to do an addition in Maricopa County. So he does the right thing, hires someone like myself to do the construction documents and proceeds to the county to submit the plans. The first thing the county does is a pre-plan review and jumps on their GIS map website to review the aerial photos...Year by year. If something is spotted, say a pre-manufactured aluminum storage shed on a later photo and they find no record of it in their files they'll ask the homeowner for instructions on how the shed was built regardless if "this" homeowner put it there or not. If he can't produce the instructions, then he has to hire me again to draw the as-built shed or he has to dismantle (Which is not really a great option for a wood shed and many re-build after their final inspection). Bottom line, for all this, the county adds it to their square footage and of course the cost. Is it little wonder why so many homeowners build additions and so-forth without a building permit. This county makes taking out a building permit miserable.

BTW - The other thing, no matter where the construction is located in Maricopa (one of the largest counties in the SW), they will be there to inspect.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
"Bob"

Garage
Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I hear ya Jim. It was that way in the Dallas area too. The Appraisal District here uses those Satellite maps to see if anything has been added so they can add a tax to you. Every December when the trees have lost their leaves the pictures are taken and compared to the previous year. Anything different brings an appraiser out for an inspection. Just more government intrusion into our lives...just to get into our pockets.

Also why I wont live anywhere that there is an HOA. I understand keeping things nice looking and safe but some of those people are just crazy. Like the Marine and his 20' flag pole. Someone comes to take mine down they better be heavily armed.