Once Upon A Time...In America - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Once Upon A Time...In America

Once upon a time, "Made in America" meant exactly that.
Once upon a time, we could trust our government to not lie to us and admit their mistakes without trying to cover it up.
Once upon a time, Faith in God had tremendous power, now American don't even want to talk about God.
Once upon a time, Families lived on moral decisions.
Once upon a time, it was safe for your child to head out into the neighborhood, to play with friends, without fear of something really devastating happening to him or her.

Do you have any to add? Whooop...A few more...

Once upon a time, the victim was the victim and the perpetrator was punished.
Once upon a time, having a successful business was encouraged and not penalized.
Once upon a time, you could leave your house with the doors unlocked.
Once upon a time, neighbors helped one another.
Once upon a time, people did not hate the truth. The embraced it, learned lessons from it and became wiser.
Once upon a time, everyone did their jobs with precision, stood by it and were proud of it.

Go ahead...From "Your" heart and mind...My last one (for now).

Once upon a time, People did not go into a tirade because they were offended. Their approach would had been a softer reply. (I.E. Respect to differences).

****BTW-I placed this thread in the main forum vs. the sub-forum (Off Topic Area) to gain more attention. Many don't wander too far in the Off Topics Area and this thread should be interesting enough and easy enough to see the changes we have seen in America the last few years...Or more.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #2

Thumbs up

Thanks for this posting . In the old forum format we actually had a subsection for politics - however it must have become too "political" .
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
Gold-Member

Garage
Once upon a time... there was such thing as personal pride and accountability.
Your word meant something and everything.

My big pet peeve - once upon a time people kept there private lives (sex) to themselves behind closed doors. Where it should be.

Once upon a time - I had pride in my country.
05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.

kcd1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
Adam

Garage
Quote:
I agree, even though its sad to say and I still have that sence of "its my country I should be proud of it". Our presidents an idiot (just calling him that is giving him more credit than earned), and it's almost embarrassing dealing with most aspects of being an american (in today's society).

Once upon a time, people had to work for money.
Once upon a time, being on welfare was temporary and embarrassing.
Once upon a time, countries looked at the US with pride.

I can go on... But I'm not bitter
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Rhino Lining & Under Spray
Bully Dog Triple Dog Tuner
04hemisportedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Good comments so far. Let's keep it going and thanks doc.

Once upon a time, parents raise their children responsibly to respect society and its laws.
Once upon a time, Public Schools talk the very basis of a good education and nothing more.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Gold-Member

Garage
Once upon a time parents had children because they wanted a family now some have offspring to extend their EBT or welfare checks and could care less about the kids they brought into the world. Sad fact.

Once upon a time you could watch kid safe TV shows during the family hour.

Sorry for the negativity.

Once upon a time I was not so negative.
05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcd1369 View Post
Once upon a time... there was such thing as personal pride and accountability.
Your word meant something and everything.

My big pet peeve - once upon a time people kept there private lives (sex) to themselves behind closed doors. Where it should be.

Amen to that David!

Once upon a time parents spent time with their children and taught them respect and right from wrong.
Once upon a time teachers taught real history lessons not media tales.
Once upon a time a hand shake was as good as a written contract.
Once upon a time TV programs weren't pro-gay and cross gender.
Once upon a time there weren't any bad words used on TV.
Once upon a time Hollywood had stars with morals and pride.
Once upon a time there were "real" stars, hero's to look up to.
Once upon a time the Pledge of Allegiance was said every school day.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
Adam

Garage
Once upon a time, we didn't negotiate with terrorists.
Once upon a time, diserters were shot.
Once upon a time, swearing you'll defend and uphold the constitution meant you'd actually do that. (Not place executive orders, or create laws, that were ILLEGAL)

by the way, who says the president can't be arrested for breaking the law?
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Rhino Lining & Under Spray
Bully Dog Triple Dog Tuner
04hemisportedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
Gold-Member

Garage
I'm right there with all of these. Doug and Adam.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04hemisportedt View Post
Once upon a time, we didn't negotiate with terrorists.
Once upon a time, diserters were shot.
Once upon a time, swearing you'll defend and uphold the constitution meant you'd actually do that. (Not place executive orders, or create laws, that were ILLEGAL)

by the way, who says the president can't be arrested for breaking the law?
Adam, there is one ex judge that says he can go to jail.....

President Obama and his administration have traded five high-level, committed terrorists for one Army deserter who may have aided the enemy. Is what he did right? Many would, of course, argue that this was a disastrous, un-American move that is a slap in the face to every service member.

Was what he did legal? Absolutely not.

The president is not a king. When we considered revolt against the British, we had the option to remain subjects of a king. We chose not to. When we tried to erect a new government, fledgling American states had a very serious discussion about the need for a king. We discussed whether a nation could survive without a monarch.

We, again, chose to not have a king.

Now, we are saddled with a president who behaves more and more like a king and according to a top legal expert, his grandiose disdain for the confines of the executive branch could land him in prison.

Former judge and Fox News contributor Andrew Napolitano spoke with Shepard Smith on Monday and offered an opinion that is sure to infuriate diehard Obama apologists: the president not only violated the law when he refused to notify Congress of the swap, but may have even aided a terrorist organization- a crime punishable by up to ten years in prison.

Napolitano clearly stated that the president is guilty of violating a crystal-clear statute that prohibits the use of taxpayer money to transport prisoners from Guantanamo Bay unless Congress had been given 30 days notice. Of course, the president provided merely hours notices and the move is a violation of legally-passed law, regardless of whatever signing statements or exigent circumstances the Obama Administration wants o use to try and defend their actions.

However, the more-serious charge Napolitano discussed with Smith was the fact that by releasing these terrorists, the president, a Commander-in-Chief as well as a U.S. citizen, has provided material assistance to a terrorist organization.

Napolitano laid it out in crystal-clear, easily-followed terms:
“Fact: The Taliban has been declared by the Congress and the president to be a non-state terrorist organization. Fact: Federal statute makes it a crime, punishable by ten years in jail up to life in prison, for materially aiding a terrorist organization. Fact: the courts have ruled that any assistance, knowingly and intentionally provided to a terrorist organization by an American makes that American liable for prosecution under this statute.”
Smith asked if Napolitano was accusing the president of aiding and abetting the enemy, to which Napolitano exclaimed, “Yes! Yes! It’s pretty clear.”

I cannot profess to be a great legal expert, but I am capable of following a basic line of irrefutable logic. The president restocked the pool of terrorists that are looking to kill Americans. Plain and simple.

Remember: Nixon fled the White House for bugging an office and lying about it. Obama makes yesteryear’s scandals look quaint by comparison.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote