On to a winner - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
tui

Garage
news making headlines in our local paper tell of beggers making up to $700 a week.

The beggers are mostly mental health patients which our government believes are better off in the community than locked up. tghat they pose a violent risk to the general public is neither here nor there to the politicians.

Any way what with the price of gas and the cost of vehicle registration being what it is I'm off to the mall on Monday to grab myself a corner before its taken. I can see my sign now. HEMI TO FEED, NEED HELP. CAN GIVE CHANGE.

tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
tui

Garage
news making headlines in our local paper tell of beggers making up to $700 a week.

The beggers are mostly mental health patients which our government believes are better off in the community than locked up. tghat they pose a violent risk to the general public is neither here nor there to the politicians.

Any way what with the price of gas and the cost of vehicle registration being what it is I'm off to the mall on Monday to grab myself a corner before its taken. I can see my sign now. HEMI TO FEED, NEED HELP. CAN GIVE CHANGE.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Here they give them free housing, food, cell phones and pay them to boot.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Greg

Garage
Brother, good luck with that. The sign that always amused me is "I'll work for food". Been doing it all my life...

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #5

Garage

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #6

there use to be one who hung out on rivers avd and aviation ave. his sign said will work for food. so i stopped and told him to hop in the bed of the truck and i would take him to a yard i was going to cut and rake. he told me to go to hell and that i was a son of abit for asking him to do that. 3 weeks later a news staion followed him from where he was begging to where he spent the night. turned out that he live in a 3000 sq foot house and had 4 cars. was getting welfare, food stamps, and we the people was paying for his house and electric , and water bill. then the state checked him out further and he had 4 bank accounts. then all of a sudden the subject was dropped and never read anything more about it.

"NO POWER IN THE VERSE CAN STOP ME." well... except maybe my wife

2006 4x4 sport QC

click below to see my truck

cold turkey on Sept. 28, 2009 at 0530

"Whenever anyone preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against the other, through class warfare, race hatred or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives...and we know what to do about it. Working together to produce an ever greater abundance of material and spiritual values for all. That is the secret of American prosperity."
IWANTMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
"Bob"

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
Brother, good luck with that. The sign that always amused me is "I'll work for food". Been doing it all my life...
the best one i saw: was a Mexican on the corner sign sad: for a dollar i'll go back to Mexico.
I THINK HE GOT RICH THAT DAY..
Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #9

There was a story a number of years ago about a homeless women making six figures begging in Atlantic City, NJ.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote