Hemi Truck Club banner

Old HTC update

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Mrs.Studmuffin 
#1 ·
I got to thinking about "the good old days" today and called Mark (MeHemi). He and Peg are living north of Asheville....North Carolina. He's enjoying being retired and they are doing well. Their son (Actually Peg's) is home from overseas. His marriage ended in a divorce with 2 kids.
I was kind of disappointed in his statement that he had closed the page on HTC and moved on. I may move on some day but never leave or forget my friends. Anyway he ask that I wish everyone well and hopes that everyone has a great Thanksgiving and Christmas.

#8 ·
Doug - It's good you called Mark and Peg. Don't be too discouraged about his statement regarding, "closed the page on HTC". Retirement can pace itself to be dreadfully slow and causes the mind to go back and check-up on things. He might be back to open the book from time to time and take a long look at that page and start penning his thoughts. Never know and if it doesn't happen...Then it wasn't meant to be.

"The good old days"...Hmmmmm? Forum life, on cyber-space, is a funny thing. One week it can go like gang-busters and most of it's membership can't keep up with it. The next week the opposite can step in with all the drama and in-fighting and strangle it to a painfully crawl. Members create fan-fare about leaving over the most miniscule thing while others leave in the dead of night. Seen it! I wondered about old members as well...Superjay, HemiByrd, ArcticWolf, BikerEric, MDSBIGPaPa, Joker, Evilram07, OldBaldie, Birdshot, ccb05 and all the no-show members that could fill a extended cab and bed ten wide and forty deep that posted anything...everything like banshees. Even at this moment, there are a few senior members on here, that are stepping back into the shadows. I guess it's the nature of a forum? IDK. Keep hoping they too will open the book from time to time and take a long look at that page and start penning their thoughts as well. After-all, this is a community focused on Dodge trucks and the famed HEMIs, but it is also a community to shoot from the hip and discuss it all. As for the new members...So happy to see they can post their thoughts about anything...everything like banshees. I enjoy coming here to see what's new and learn. You betcha!

The very best of the best to all on HTC for a Happy Thanksgiving two-0-fourteen!

Take Care!

#10 ·
Out of all the forums I checked out, this is the best. I enjoy seeing what is up with the mods, others are making to their trucks, whether for performance, or to get the look they desire. If it wasn't for this forum, I would not know about Charged392's long bar traction bars. I see what toll some performance mods have on the longevity of the Hemi engine. What has worked, what to avoid. This can be a family to many people on this forum. Also I haven't seen another forum, dedicated to our trucks, that actually has GTG's, and an annual get together, where everyone has a chance to expand on the family theme. Like I said, this is the best forum for the HEMI Dodge/Ram truck enthusiast.:thumb:

#15 ·
Its amazing folks. We all miss our original group of friends. The days progressed and facebook took off and many of us have stayed there with friends. Its sad that people closed the HTC chapters of their lives but it always has a place in my familys heart. We all talk about that great year at Pigeon Forge. I miss that time. Many have moved for jobs etc and families have taken the time on all of us. Hopefully I'll try and get on here more.

As for Jay I still get the regular email from him. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!!

#18 ·
Its amazing folks. We all miss our original group of friends. The days progressed and facebook took off and many of us have stayed there with friends. Its sad that people closed the HTC chapters of their lives but it always has a place in my familys heart. We all talk about that great year at Pigeon Forge. I miss that time. Many have moved for jobs etc and families have taken the time on all of us. Hopefully I'll try and get on here more.

As for Jay I still get the regular email from him. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!!
Merry Christmas, Marc! Tell Cindy and boys hi. Pigeon Forge was great, as was Sandusky. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.