Not a good day!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Not a good day!!

Well we all have them and today must have been my turn. Fist thing this morning my neighbor called and told me that one of "her" cows was in trouble. Sure enough she was trying to give birth and the calf was in the wrong position. After a couple of hours of really nasty work we managed to get her into the corral and "re-position" the calf and pull it out..with the help of a come-along. Talk about nasty work..you don't even want to know how deep your arm can go into a cow.
Finished that and had to hurry to make a doctors appointment a little over an hours drive away. Got through that with out any trouble but it wasn't even 2PM yet. Since today was slated to be one of the first days over 90 I decided to close up the house and turn the A/C on. Humidity was through the roof. When I got home the A/C was running but it was 86 inside. Called a repairman around 5PM and he said he would be out in a little while. At 8:40PM he still hadn't shown up or called. It was sultry and my day hadn't gotten any better so Mary and I went to town to make a quick stop and get a Blizzard. About 6 miles from home a little spike buck decided he liked my truck and managed to head on me at 60mph. We just got home and it's after 10PM. Still no A/C and he may show up tomorrow afternoon....forecast temperatures are for the mid to upper 90's all week. I may go cry myself to sleep outside where it's not quite as hot...after I fill out all the accident paper work so I can go see the insurance company in the morning. Left wheel is rubbing some, bumper is bent all to h#!!, but we didn't get hurt so it could be a lot worse.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
John

Garage
Cool

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:45 AM   #3
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Holy cow! I mean dear me. No, that isn't cool. That was one heck of a day Doug. Glad you guys are okay and it's things that can be repaired. Eventually.
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2014, 04:11 AM   #4
Stu

Garage

We hope today is a better day for you Doug.
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Good gravy, Doug. Did the deer know that the truck needs to be in top-notch condition for the rally in less than 2 weeks??

Glad you are okay. Wish you were cool .... well you are Fonzy cool, wish you were temperature cool.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #6
Adam

Garage
Sorry Doug, I've been in that same "position" with the cow...and I do know how far an arm can go, we had to enlist the help of a john deere and some tow chain with that calf! Hope everything is well and your days get better! Wife and I say bad things come in three's, so with that said, you should probably be good for a while!
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Rhino Lining & Under Spray
Bully Dog Triple Dog Tuner
04hemisportedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #7
Adam

Garage
oh, if you need to cool down there's and extra room here up in Ohio. But we're hanging drywall this week so you may get enlisted
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Rhino Lining & Under Spray
Bully Dog Triple Dog Tuner
04hemisportedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Thanks Adam but I think I need to stick around here. Need to check on the calf and get my "poop in a group" and head to the body shop and insurance company this morning so I can come back home and sweat out the A/C repairman getting here.
Like everything else, "This too shall pass". Just hope no one gives me a hassle today.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #9

Garage
Hi Doug,

Sometimes we are just tested. Sounds like this was your day for it. I pray that today will be a better day for you. Been there too many times not to feel for you.

preachp
Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
preachp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #10
KEN

Garage
James 1:2 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote