Hemi Truck Club banner

Need help for a good cause

762 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RANCHER 
#1 ·
I know we are all mostly all truck guys here, but we all enjoy supporting our local car scene too. I am by no means asking for anything from anyone except showing up. I know that most of you will not be able to but I am hoping for a couple members for the North Alabama area will be able to join me. Our club has been invited to attend in conjunction with several other clubs.

Here is the story.....This was posted by the Limestone County Mustang Club

Here’s the story…….Our Mustang Club (Limestone Co. Mustang Club, Athens, AL) found out about a little 9-year old boy who lives in in Athens. He was diagnosed with brain cancer called Medulloblastoma. He was in relapse for a year following 9 months of radiation and chemo but it has since returned just last month so he is back fighting this and is currently undergoing chemo again.
We decided to quickly put together a very informal small “Mini” car show for Eli and let him see all of the Mustangs up close and personal, well as fate would have it the news has spread so quickly that now this event has gone viral and more folks are calling every day and want to be part of it. We are very excited to take part in this now large event, however, let’s all keep in mind the real reason we are doing this show…….For Eli I can’t wait to see his face light up as he looks at the cars. We have been working closely with his mom to make sure that the family is good with all the changes and the larger number of cars that may show up and they are very excited and welcome everyone!!

Rain Date:
In the event of inclement weather or if Eli is too unwell to participate, we will notify everyone in advance and we will reschedule accordingly.

Let’s make sure that the focus is ALL about Eli and that we make it fun for him!!

Donation buckets will be made available for anyone who wishes to help the family with medical expenses!

Just as a reminder, this is not a typical car show......no trophies/no awards/no registration.......just an event for Eli to come and enjoy seeing the cars and the excitement of all these cars coming to honor him!! We will take donations to give 100% to the family if you choose to give. Can't wait to see his joy/excitement!!

I hope some of you will join me for a great cause to make this little boys day a little brighter.

See less See more
#3 ·
Probably should have put the date....

Jan. 25 from 12-4 @ Lindsey Lane Baptist Church in Athens AL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.