Hemi Truck Club banner

My thoughts on winter

4K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  charged392 
#1 ·
Pretty much says it all! :(

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Here in Greenville, SC tonight's low is 7 with a wind chill of -10. Weather man says its the coldest temps this area's seen since 1985! (I wasn't even born yet!)

#4 ·
18 here tomorrow morning (RealFeel 3 :eek:), warming to 20 Wednesday am. We won't even break 40 tomorrow. Got the outside faucets running, all the critters are in.

Kinda worried 'bout the stray cat we've been feeding. Hope he uses one of the baskets on the front porch or has a nice nest in the woods.

#8 ·
love the snow, hate the cold, current is -8 windchill -32
but i love the winter for the business, when dealing with municipal sales of our sorts we look forward to the snow

#20 ·
#11 · (Edited)
:sad: yup.
heck I did not even go outside yesterday, woke up to -8 degs with -41 windchill and the man said we would reach a HIGH of -12 which we did :ermm:

schools closed again today, huh imagine that.....:rolleyes:

Gov declared 29 counties disaster areas :eek:

suppose to get to 5 today, so maybe I will venture outside to start the trucks and finish clearing the drifted over drive way.

but heck in three days the rain and heat wave come so why bother ?
weird...

right now -13 and its dropping..... oh and it was 1994 last time we got this cold
I think I will work from home again today. heck the Mayor has asked every one to stay home if they can, and there are companies and businesses that have closed that i have never seen do this, cept back during the blizzard of '78 !

ah-well this too shall pass..
couple days and we will forget all about it......it was just a little cold snap......:lol:

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
ick only about 11-12" of the pretty fluffy stuff :rolleyes:
but after two days of wind it has drifted everything back over..
is it spring yet?
oh well someday maybe we will move......:D

Attachments

#27 ·
questioned last night whether to leave the truck run all night or shut it off, took the risk and shut it off, had a piece of scrap carpet, tucked it into the back of the bumper and up over the radiator, shut the hood and plugged the block heater in, 6:15 this morning i started the boss's nitro and it was lucky to start to life, 7:15 when getting ready for work i started mine and it cranked twice then sounded like an airplane start, single fires with the pauses that get shorter till it just zings to life, had i known it would start that way i woulda recorded it

#21 ·
And I will take todays 46* over what you all are having up north any day. :avatar:

#29 ·
-18* that is cold. Way too cold for me. Dang!

#30 ·
Ouch! You guys can h ave all that cold you want. 13° with a wind chill -8° was way more than I wanted. Warming up now so we'll be alright if I can afford the electric bill. $358 but my neighbors was $583. :(
Time to cut the thermostat back a few degrees.

#31 ·
yesterday was -11 windchill -35 to -40 of course wind i think was whipping a little harder than they claim, today we heat waved to 22 and i was out in a hoodie

#32 ·
Yeah it was cold here today also. I had to put a undershirt on under my short sleeve polo shirt. I almost froze to death. It was brutal. :avatar: :thumb:

#36 ·
We warmed up to the mid 40's today....with fog so thick you couldn't see 50 yards. Not fun to drive in and this evening the deer must have thought it was party time. They were everywhere along the 10 mile drive from town. You never know which way they are going to run, but none ran into the truck. Spooky!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.