Hemi Truck Club banner

Might be it for me

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  NewfieBullet 
#1 ·
With our little girl almost here and financials getting tighter I'm looking into getting rid of the Hemi for something better on gas and with a better rear seat. We recently discovered the rear facing infant seat won't fit in the back without having the passenger seat virtually against the dash. That just isn't going to work for us. Unfortunately we owe $6000 more than the crooked dealers here offer us in trade so we're stuck as to what to do now. Need a second vehicle but can't afford another payment either.

Anyway sorry about the rant, just had to vent a little. I plan on sticking around here, if y'all allow, as I've enjoyed my time here with you fine people.

#2 ·
We won't boot you times get tough even if you loose the hemi I'm sure one will be back soon enough. Once a hemi truck owner always a hemi truck owner! This forum is more family to most of us. So family comes first with or without the truck. We had my 2500 only at one time and yes it is tight fit for
Sure we made a new base for a temp to make the center of the seat in the rear big enough to hold the car seat base and just put seat in center rear. Once the car seat turns around everything is back to normal of you can stick it out for a yr and a few months it will get better I promise.

#3 ·
I'd like to know more about how you made the center seat work Keith. That'd be great. Still need to figure out a way to get a second vehicle for when I'm at work. If anyone would like to buy our house that'd be a blessing lol this mortgage payment is crippling our single income. I did it to myself though, should've never bought it in the first place. Anyone wanna move to South Carolina?

#5 ·
Hmm... gonna look into doing something like that.

#6 ·
Hang in there Ryan. We've all been there at one time or another. We've also had folks sell/trade their truck in and lost money for something that ended up costing them as much as the hemi. Do what you can to not take a $6000 hit on a trade. That kind of loss hurts us all. Try to find a little ricer for the second car. Like I said we've all been there. Chin up, nose to the grind stone and you'll get back on your feet.
Once a member, always a member. It's always been that way around here. If you do trade your truck...you'll still be part of the family and you'll get another one some day. :)

#7 ·
Thanks Doug. I've been trying to find a way to get a little ricer. But then I'd have a higher insurance bill and more taxes lol it never ends. Told my wife I'm just gonna take the Snapper to work lol

#9 ·
Exactly what i've been looking at Mario. Insufficient funds is my problem. Thought you had the Ranger for a dd?

#10 ·
That's more of a donor vehicle from my old man. He has a company vehicle an rarely used it. The ram has 97,2xx miles on it so it being down this long is nice in the sense I've kept a lot of miles off it. I may have to wait to tell him bout the truck being fixed once it is lol

#11 ·
get yourself a cheep get around car. have your insurance co. put that as your daily driver and change the truck to a part time driver.my insurance went down that way I still have full coverage on the truck but only liability on the car. Most insurance co. will give you a discount for having Multiple vehicles. Question! why do you half to have a rear facing seat??Is there a law for car seats? get a different seat.

#12 ·
The baby has to face the rear until certain height/weight/age thing it's not the seat that's the issue it's the babies neck that cannot handle the sudden stop or crash. Also it's $500 + fine for anything baby related ticket wise don't want any of that.

#13 ·
Well fellas it's been great but I traded the ole gal in this morning. I'll be hanging around and keeping updates on our little girl ( who still hasn't arrived - the due date's tomorrow!) I dare not say what I got in fear of being drawn and quartered lol.

#15 ·
Thank you Bill! Momma and baby are doing good. Have another ultrasound Monday morning to make sure they don't need to induce the labor.

#16 ·
Right or wrong I opted to refinance the truck when our little one came. Bought a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport for $3000. Nice little 4x4 suv. It only had 120,000 miles on it. Kinda rusty but it's been trusty. I had been paying on the truck long enough that the loan balance was low enough that my payment stayed the same, just the remaining balance got bigger. Only downfall is that if I only make minimum payments the truck will be 11 yrs old when I finally get the title lol

Enjoy that little girl! The best feeling ever is coming home from work and my little girl runs over to give me a hug. That's worth way more than any Hemi ever could be! Good luck with everything!

#18 ·
Calm down Keith lol if I hit the lottery I promise to buy another Ram so I can bother you with random texts for advice

#19 ·
I'm sure laws vary from state to state but the rear facing child seat is pretty much everywhere. It may be a PITA but it is well worth it if you have an accident with a child riding. Trust me on that. I've worked to many accidents before that law came into effect and children don't fair well in accidents, especially facing forward.

Ryan like Bill said "Once a member, always a member". Come back as often as you can and keep up updated on mama and the baby. :)

#20 ·
Will do, Doug! They're going to induce labor on August 5th if she hasn't come by then.

#22 ·
A furd focus??? Really. :facepalm:
Oh well. gotta do what is best for the family.

When son #3 came along I had to trade my Dakota 2 door (my first brand new vehicle ever) in for a minivan. :facepalm:What made it worse, then my wife got the van and I got stuck with the 89 Grand Am. But I did finally get back into a truck. And this time I got my Hemi. So there is hope. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.