Men only - FYI - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I labeled this for men only to keep from embarrassing anyone and to get you some information that most men aren't aware of, and need to know.
A while back I had some testicular pain. Bad enough for me to go see a doctor. During the examination he ask how often I did a self examination? That was a new one for me. I was told that maybe I just needed to unclog the pipes more often. Sure..that's gona happen. Wives are not to understanding nor believe you when you tell them what the doctor said. And I was always told that those things weren't to play with.
I wondered how many men actually had been told that they should do a self examination monthly. In my 60+ years it was the first time I had been told it was necessary. We always hear about women doing a self breast examination but no mention of a man needing to do anything. Since I've had a few friends diagnosed with prostate cancer this last year I decided that I needed to do a little research.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medline...y/article/003909.htm

Anyway the pain went away and I didn't think much about it for a couple of weeks. It returned! Worse and changed from one side to the other the nest day. I thought I knew a lot about anatomy. Though it's a subject that guys just don't talk about. Would you notice or know that there was a change in the family jewels?

More research: http://education.yahoo.com/ref...subjects/subject/258

There is a condition called "testicular torsion" that is very serious.
"Testicular torsion is characterized by excruciating one-sided testicular pain, with sudden swelling. Since the cord structures twist (like the strings of a puppet), the testicle elevates as well. Patients may have nausea and vomiting. Patients may also have abdominal pain. There may be a history of previous testicular pain. Fever may also accompany the testicular pain."
According to much of what I've found you have about 5 hours to have surgery or the family jewels will die from the lack of oxygen. That can't be a good thing in anyone's book.
I'll be going to a urologist as soon as I can get an appointment just to be safe.

Anyway....I wanted to let you know that there is something that needs to be done and if your like me, and most of the guys I've talked to you don't have a clue. Now you know and I hope it isn't just passed off as not something that effects me....a lot of macho guys wouldn't admit to having an issue until it was to late. Five hours isn't long enough to do much but it could change your life...forever.

Hope this FYI helps and that no one finds anything that isn't supposed to be there.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I labeled this for men only to keep from embarrassing anyone and to get you some information that most men aren't aware of, and need to know.
A while back I had some testicular pain. Bad enough for me to go see a doctor. During the examination he ask how often I did a self examination? That was a new one for me. I was told that maybe I just needed to unclog the pipes more often. Sure..that's gona happen. Wives are not to understanding nor believe you when you tell them what the doctor said. And I was always told that those things weren't to play with.
I wondered how many men actually had been told that they should do a self examination monthly. In my 60+ years it was the first time I had been told it was necessary. We always hear about women doing a self breast examination but no mention of a man needing to do anything. Since I've had a few friends diagnosed with prostate cancer this last year I decided that I needed to do a little research.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medline...y/article/003909.htm

Anyway the pain went away and I didn't think much about it for a couple of weeks. It returned! Worse and changed from one side to the other the nest day. I thought I knew a lot about anatomy. Though it's a subject that guys just don't talk about. Would you notice or know that there was a change in the family jewels?

More research: http://education.yahoo.com/ref...subjects/subject/258

There is a condition called "testicular torsion" that is very serious.
"Testicular torsion is characterized by excruciating one-sided testicular pain, with sudden swelling. Since the cord structures twist (like the strings of a puppet), the testicle elevates as well. Patients may have nausea and vomiting. Patients may also have abdominal pain. There may be a history of previous testicular pain. Fever may also accompany the testicular pain."
According to much of what I've found you have about 5 hours to have surgery or the family jewels will die from the lack of oxygen. That can't be a good thing in anyone's book.
I'll be going to a urologist as soon as I can get an appointment just to be safe.

Anyway....I wanted to let you know that there is something that needs to be done and if your like me, and most of the guys I've talked to you don't have a clue. Now you know and I hope it isn't just passed off as not something that effects me....a lot of macho guys wouldn't admit to having an issue until it was to late. Five hours isn't long enough to do much but it could change your life...forever.

Hope this FYI helps and that no one finds anything that isn't supposed to be there.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Greg

Garage
Yep, all good information. When I was in my fifties I raced bicycles and had issues with my testicules getting bruised and twisted. Very painful stuff and a bit scary if you don't understand what is happening. I don't ride bicycles anymore but have found I sleep much better if I have them frequently checked.

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Thanks for the response Greg. Like I said it isn't a subject guys talk about. Unfortunately that's the only way we learn about things the have always been taboo.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
Board of Directors (Jay)

Buy a sheep!
2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #6

Garage
I feel your pain....I had surgery about six month ago on mine, and let me tell you forget macho...that

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Director Emeritus

Garage
Good info Doug... someone would have to be nuts not to have that checked out!
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
Good information. If you have a smile on your face while you handle your junk during the examination keep it to yourself.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
tui

Garage
I had a moment like that myself. needing pills to just think about sex i consulted my snake oil guru and he told me I was too old to wear tight underpants. Loosen up a little he said.. Did that and found everything a little more comftable.

The worst part of the prostate examination is dealing with the rubber gloved finger of the doc visiting my nether regions with a less than sympathetic touch.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
tui

Garage
My wife said if i treated my truck like i do my body it would be 40thou between oil changes.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote