Lower Your Risk for a Heart Attack...Get a Flu Shot! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I am not really a big fan at getting a flu shot. Nope! It's not the needle that worries me. Between my sessions with acupuncture, dental and medical, I've been stuck with needles so many times I lost count. What scares me is the contents of the flu shot...Namely, the small trace of mercury use as a binding agent. My theory was, "Dodging the seasonal flu is better than no mercury." Then came this article, a few days ago, The Shot That Prevents Heart Attacks. Thinking back of all those "Double Quarter Pounders" and "Double Meat with Cheese and Jalapenos What-A-Burgers" I chowed downed when I was *ahem* younger got me to thinking. Maybe a flu shot wouldn't be so bad after-all.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I am not really a big fan at getting a flu shot. Nope! It's not the needle that worries me. Between my sessions with acupuncture, dental and medical, I've been stuck with needles so many times I lost count. What scares me is the contents of the flu shot...Namely, the small trace of mercury use as a binding agent. My theory was, "Dodging the seasonal flu is better than no mercury." Then came this article, a few days ago, The Shot That Prevents Heart Attacks. Thinking back of all those "Double Quarter Pounders" and "Double Meat with Cheese and Jalapenos What-A-Burgers" I chowed downed when I was *ahem* younger got me to thinking. Maybe a flu shot wouldn't be so bad after-all.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Wow! Good find Jim. Thanks for sharing. Now to get a shot..woopie!

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #5

Garage
Military, Mandatory...Every Year....

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #6

Garage
Not a chance in hell of me getting one. I always come down with a full blown case of the flu after a shot. I had our squadron's corpsman after me for half a cruise to give me a shot, but fortunately I worked nights, and he didn't...

Gila Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #7

For what it's worth, I don't know of anyone that died or suffered long term from the flu. I can't say that about the flu shot. I'll take my chances.....

2012 Ram Longhorn Sage Brush w/White Gold
2006 Chrysler 300C heritage Edition, inferno red 306.7 HP and 339.2 Torque stock
1987 Camaro Iroc 5.7 red
2010 Ram 1500 Laramie QC Inferno Red 4X4 sunroof SOLD
2007 SLT QC 4x4 Sunburst Orange Ramcharger pkg. Factory 20's, 3.92's and sunroof. Traded
Truckit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
I got my flu shot a couple of months ago and I've had no problem. I get one every year and it has never bothered me.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #9

Garage
first two flue shots, no problem, next two got sick shortly after, skipped last year.
but this year.......i had not choice, Doc said "your getting your shot today" and that was back in late Sept, he normally says no to shots till at least Nov. for me but this year it's a bit different.
everyone has their reasons for getting their shots i am sure.
like .........oh wait............guess that would be a different shot?

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn True Blue Pearl, Amsoil, Re-trax, Bedrug
2003 4x4 LB QC CAI, SC, Amsoil, Shorties, LED tails. GONE but never forgotten.

Member # 1450
nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Gila Hemi:
Not a chance in hell of me getting one. I always come down with a full blown case of the flu after a shot. I had our squadron's corpsman after me for half a cruise to give me a shot, but fortunately I worked nights, and he didn't...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that get the flue after a shot
2003 Silver Ram 2500 Moose SLT QC/LB 4x4 | NV4500-HD 5Speed Manual trans | Tow pkg | Centerline dual friction clutch| 3.73 LS |Borla dual catback |Bilstein Shocks| Billet Grill | 15% Win Tint | Bushwacker color matched flares| Pwr adjustable petals |Superchip| Mopar wheel liners |Ramhammer intake| Mopar alum fuel door | MSD Blaster coils & 8.5 ignition wires |SS nerf bars | Chrome ext handles | Atm graphite tails |Silverstar bulbs| Hurst alum T handle shifter| B&D Short throw Shift kit|

5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote