Hemi Truck Club banner

It's been a while...

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  charged392 
#1 ·
Howdy everyone. It's been quite a while since I've been around and thought it was time I dropped in to at least say that I'm still alive.

The past few years have not been very user friendly to me as I've been suffering with ulcerative colitis and for the past 15 months I've pretty much been stuck in the house. My doc has been treating me for crohns disease (which I didn't have) and stuffing me with a lot of meds and self-injections with no relief. The wife found a top notch colorectal surgeon at U-Mass who after one visit told me that I had to have my insides removed. February 4th I had my surgery which went well and I am unashamed to say that I have a permanent ileostomy.

6 days of recovery and I was scheduled to go home when all of a sudden my left forearm started to go numb and became uncomfortable which quickly spread under my armpit to my chest. Fortunately there was a nurse in the room who called for help and within minutes there were a dozen doctors and nurses. They put nitro under my tongue but my heart stopped. Someone jumped on the bed and began CPR and they had to shock my heart back into rhythm. Rushed to the cath lab they found a blood clot in an artery on my heart and sucked it out and put in a stent. The next morning about 2 a.m. I noticed the same symptoms again and rushed back to the cath lab and they found a clot in the stent and another one nearby. 10 days later I was finally sent home.

I was home about a week and a half and thought I was getting better but in reality I was still very tired and weak. Up one morning at 5:00 I almost passed out a few times and dialed 911. Long story short, I was anemic and down 3 pints. I was bleeding inside somewhere. Sent back to U-Mass where the bleeding stopped and sent home again after a few more days.

Since then I've been doing much better and very happy to be here. I still have my Hemi and enjoying living a normal life once again. It's like a new beginning and hoping that the worst is over.

:)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back. Glad you are doing better.

#3 ·
Welcome back, sounds like it's been a tough trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.