It’s The Same ‘Ole Thing Day After Day After Day… - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

The harassing telemarketer phone call that never stops and is repeated 2 to 3 times a day. This one, that is the proverbial pain in the rear, originates from Astoria (OR). I never bothered to answer it. I just bounce it to my answering service and they never, of course, leave a message. Today, I decided to break my “They're from out of state “ rule and answered it. The voice from the other end asked for me and then hung-up. Tiring when they call while you’re working, driving or going horizontal. I did take some time to check out the number on the web. I came up with a “few” site that offered to anyone to complain about 503-468-xxxx. I am sure that would be getting something done the same as whizzing in the wind. Any suggestions to rid my rotational phone number from their list?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

The harassing telemarketer phone call that never stops and is repeated 2 to 3 times a day. This one, that is the proverbial pain in the rear, originates from Astoria (OR). I never bothered to answer it. I just bounce it to my answering service and they never, of course, leave a message. Today, I decided to break my “They're from out of state “ rule and answered it. The voice from the other end asked for me and then hung-up. Tiring when they call while you’re working, driving or going horizontal. I did take some time to check out the number on the web. I came up with a “few” site that offered to anyone to complain about 503-468-xxxx. I am sure that would be getting something done the same as whizzing in the wind. Any suggestions to rid my rotational phone number from their list?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I was getting a lot of those too. I ask them to remove me from their call list. They didn't and I filed out a complaint with the FTC. The calls did eventually stop. I feel your pain about that crap. We don't have caller ID anymore, some of the few that still have a land line it seems. Lately I've been getting a call between 2 and 3 PM but when I answer it no one is there. Don't have a clue what that's about. Checking to see if anyone is home I guess.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

Unfortunately there isn't really anything you can do about it. It turns out that being on the "Federal Do Not Call Registry" means nothing. I continue to get an average of 2 to 3 of those annoying calls per day and it's always a random computer-generated phone number that shows up on our caller ID that you cannot trace. So complaining to the FCC is a joke.

My current solution is to take the phone off the hook first thing in the morning and the wife hangs it back up when she gets home from work. If someone needs to get a hold of me they know that they can get a hold of me either by my cellphone or by having the local PD come to my house if it's that important.

Our next step is looking into getting a business line that requires an extension (known only by those we want to know) to get through. Other than that, the home phone will be gone for good.

'04 2500 SLT 4X4 QC/SB 3:73 - Weathertech floor liners & vent visors - Fisher 8'HD plow - DELTA tool box - Back Rack - Whelen Guardian - Flowmaster 50 Series HD cat-back system

HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
As annoying as they are, I try to have fun with them. Get them started and then ask them if they can hold for second. Set the phone down and walk away.

Once I asked them how they got the this number, cause we never get any calls here in the basement of the county morgue.
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
Mr. Freeze

Garage
..Good one Bill...

VA4MEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #7

Garage
I experienced the local PD coming to the house looking for me due to not answering my phone...

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Well this one from Astoria (OR) is beginning to get on my nerves. I might start opting out to answer it and say "County morgue" follow with setting the phone down, just to see if they will believe it and take me off their list.