internet shoppers? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #1

Hi everyone,

I am considering a side business to make some additional cash at home. I am considering a business where I refer people to select online retailers and get a small commission for purchases people make. Unfortunately there isn't a discount for the buyer, the websites are the regular online site. But those companies would pay me for sending people to their site. So since HTC has the biggest collection of people I know other than friends in town and immediate family, I thought I would check to see if there is any interest here.

So I am wondering if anyone shops online at any of these stores:
Advanced Auto Parts
AutoAnything
Auto Parts Warehouse
JCWhitney
Parts Train
Tire Rack
Tool King
Tractor Supply Company
Walmart

There is no commission for in-store sales because that can't be tracked. This is for online only. There are probably about 100 other participating online retailers, but I tried to limit it to automotive related online. Send me a PM if you would like additional information.

It seems like there have been a lot of new people on the forum in the last couple of years and many may not know me. But I have been part of HTC almost since they came over to the current forum. I hosted the rally in 2008, but I have been busy with school, then training at work, then the kids, and now I work rotating shiftwork. I consider myself to be a straight shooter and hopefully the people that know me feel the same way.

Right now I am just checking to see if this whole process is worth my time and effort. So just drop a reply or send me a PM if you think you would shop online at any of these stores that would be accessed through a website I created.

Thanks.

[color:red]If you are interested in saving money on items you already buy, or you would like to generate additional income helping others save...send me a PM.[/color]

2004 QC 4x2 Black Hemi Sport/ Mopar Gull Wing Tonneau Cover /Depo LED tails/ Kicker audio/ Alpine 9856 HU/ General Grabber

2012 Hemi Durango Crew, True Blue

Check out my band
View our videos

Black Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #2

Hi everyone,

I am considering a side business to make some additional cash at home. I am considering a business where I refer people to select online retailers and get a small commission for purchases people make. Unfortunately there isn't a discount for the buyer, the websites are the regular online site. But those companies would pay me for sending people to their site. So since HTC has the biggest collection of people I know other than friends in town and immediate family, I thought I would check to see if there is any interest here.

So I am wondering if anyone shops online at any of these stores:
Advanced Auto Parts
AutoAnything
Auto Parts Warehouse
JCWhitney
Parts Train
Tire Rack
Tool King
Tractor Supply Company
Walmart

There is no commission for in-store sales because that can't be tracked. This is for online only. There are probably about 100 other participating online retailers, but I tried to limit it to automotive related online. Send me a PM if you would like additional information.

It seems like there have been a lot of new people on the forum in the last couple of years and many may not know me. But I have been part of HTC almost since they came over to the current forum. I hosted the rally in 2008, but I have been busy with school, then training at work, then the kids, and now I work rotating shiftwork. I consider myself to be a straight shooter and hopefully the people that know me feel the same way.

Right now I am just checking to see if this whole process is worth my time and effort. So just drop a reply or send me a PM if you think you would shop online at any of these stores that would be accessed through a website I created.

Thanks.

[color:red]If you are interested in saving money on items you already buy, or you would like to generate additional income helping others save...send me a PM.[/color]

2004 QC 4x2 Black Hemi Sport/ Mopar Gull Wing Tonneau Cover /Depo LED tails/ Kicker audio/ Alpine 9856 HU/ General Grabber

2012 Hemi Durango Crew, True Blue

Check out my band
View our videos

Black Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #3

I'm pretty regular with AutoAnything.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 02:57 AM   #4

Garage
AutoAnything.

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #5

Garage
Good luck David.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #7

Garage
You omitted 3rd Strike Performance, which is where I shop...

Gila Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #8

Great idea. But may I throw out a separate yet related idea. Why not like awe site set up like kayak, trivago, etc but for parts. A site set up for each of the big three as example. Say a dodge site. I go to your site and you have every site that offers parts for my dodge. Let's use the example of a cold air intake. And I look at your site and it compares the cost of each brand on each site. Abd I choose the people I want to do business with from there. Have a rating system also kind of like that "angie's list" cause we all have Probabaly had a bad experience with a crappy store cause they offered low low prices in exchange for customer service.
Just throwing ideas your way....
Show&go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Director Emeritus

Garage
Good luck David - keep us posted!

BTW - I shop at all of those places with the exception of Parts Train.
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I don't do much on line shopping but since Art isn't around I may have to start.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote