Hemi Truck Club banner

Interesting article about towing:

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  kcd1369 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Very Interesting. I know mine can easily pull a 14K trailer in Florida. (no big hills)
with no problem at all. Stopping is another story. But it can tow it. As long as the trailer has brakes. I have pulled one from Bartow to Arcadia. Gas mileage stiiiinnnkkkks though. :eek:

#4 ·
Don't worry, there was no one else joy riding around back then. I was towing FEMA trailers down to a FEMA camp. Days after the area was wiped out from a hurricain. The roads were empty except for the debries everywhere.:brows:

#7 ·
Had no problem except gas millage sucked 5mpg and was a lot of two lane back roads and hills
5mpg?...???...!!! 5, as in the number after 4 and before six? That 5? Yikes!!!

Did you remember to turn on your "Tow Haul"? J/K'g

Obviously, I shall never complain again about the 7.8mpg when I am driving out of Phoenix (1200') to Flagstaff (6900') towing a full load of furniture or appliances in what I dubbed "The Silver Pig".

RockyMtnXpress with "The Silver Pig" in tow at the summit of Wolf Creek Pass (CO) Nov. 28, 2013 (10850')

#8 ·
:lol: :thumb:

#10 ·
Dang, that thing must have had a lot of tough weight. To make the dual-lie squat like that.

That's about the length of the big one I pulled. it sat a lot higher though. It was a park model trailer.

#11 ·
a little bit of an optical illusion, my driveway isnt perfectly flat, but yeah i did end up putting air bags in the back to help. i didn't like it though, ended up buying a 36ft diesel pusher motorhome and a 28ft trailer. which puts the pivot point very close to the middle making it much easier to drive and corner.

#12 ·
Not to mention going over short hills. Are those little helper wheels up towards the front?

#14 ·
Nice. And the picot point for the trailer is much further forward too. Although Tough weight probably isn't much of an issue with the know rig. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.