If You Have A Dog... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

<span class="ev_code_red">...you might want to be aware of the following:</span>

Very Important Information - Click Here!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #2

I posted on my FB also.
Mine: 2011 2500 4x4 Crew Cummins. HERS 09 Inferno Red Hemi Crew Cab SLT lone star with brown and tan interior loaded with 3:92s.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Greg

Garage
This is a easy one. Just stop giving your dog treats that are made in china. The chinese have a history of contaminating baby products, toys and pharmaceuticals with idustrial subsitutes that often are dangerous for the sake of profit. If a lot of chinese baby's die or folks are blinded the guys in charge go to prison and/or sometimes executed. Exported items, they get a business award and a open buffet. Here I have to keep a close eye on my pooch. The niegbhors raise dogs for special occassions and I don't want Buster to become a snack. I get really nervous when someone says "nice dog".

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #4

Garage
[email protected]! I just threw out a partial bag of chicken treats. No sign of a problem with the pups, fortunately.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Chicken jerky treats linked to mystery illnesses, deaths in dogs

It's not clear why chicken jerky products seem to be causing illnesses and even deaths in dogs, federal Food and Drug Administration officials say.

Chicken jerky treats may be to blame for dozens of new reports of mysterious illnesses and some deaths in dogs, prompting a renewed warning for pet owners by the Food and Drug Administration.

At least 70 dogs have been sickened so far this year after reportedly eating chicken jerky products imported from China, FDA officials said. That’s up from 54 reports of illness in 2010. Some of the dogs have died, according to the anecdotal reports from pet owners and veterinarians.

FDA officials say they have not been able to find a cause for the illnesses. Extensive chemical and microbiological testing has failed to turn up a specific contaminant and officials did not identify a specific brand of treats. They note that the reports of illness have not conclusively been tied to chicken jerky products, also sold as chicken tenders, chicken strips or chicken treats.

The new warning follows previous FDA cautions about chicken jerky treats in 2007 and 2008. But after a high of 156 reports of illness in 2007, the number of complaints dropped. Now, it's rising again.

Dog owners and vets are reporting that animals may be stricken with a range of illnesses within days or hours of eating chicken jerky, including kidney failure and Fanconi syndrome, a condition characterized by low glucose.

Symptoms may include decreased appetite, decreased activity, vomiting, diarrhea, increased water consumption and increased urination. If dogs show any of these signs, stop feeding the animal the chicken jerky products, FDA officials said. If signs are severe or persist for more than 24 hours, seek veterinary help.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Board of Directors

Garage
More poison from China.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs – Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover – some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
HemiByrd:
Quote:
More poison from China.
Past time to wake up people!
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
"Bob"

Garage
Old 11-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Mr. Freeze

Garage

VA4MEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Greg

Garage
When shopping here there is no FDA to check anything and I avoid buying any chinese made pharmaceuticals. The last scare was contaminated toothpaste. These are packaged as major brands we expect to see in the USA, wrong! And of course packaging really can't be trusted either. The recent news is covering raids of folks reprocessing meat products. This is sometimes said to be double kill. But with all this said I remember when japanese products were avoided because they were all cheap knockoff's. The main concern IMO is the floating of the yuan. Having a false exchange rate gives the chinese an incrediable market advantage. Remember what the japanese did to our car/electronics markets when the US fixed the yen at 360 yen to the dollar? Good luck..

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote