HTC Newsletter: January 6, 2019 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mrs.Studmuffin

Old 01-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

HTC Newsletter: January 6, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!!!
New Year, new you!!
40 to 45% of American adult make one or more resolutions each year.
Top new year's resolutions: By far, the top 3 new year's resolutions are:
- weight loss,
- exercise program,
- stop smoking.
Also popular are resolutionsdealing with better money management & debt reduction.
The following shows how many of these resolutions are maintainedas time goes on:
- past the first week: 75%
- past 2 weeks: 71%
- after one month: 64%
- after 6 months: 46%
In other words: Half of the people who make good resolutions at new year have given up on them by the end of June. The "glass half full" perspective is that half of the people succeed. Which half do you want to be in? It's not necessarily going to be easy to succeed, but it will be easier if you are prepared.
Source: Auld Lang Syne: Success predictors, change processes, and self-reportedoutcomes of New Year's resolvers and nonresolvers, by John C. Norcross,Marci S. Mrykalo, Matthew D. Blagys
Research shows that a proactive attitude is useful: People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals thanpeople who don't explicitly make resolutions.
Part of my New Year's Resolution is to change my "Texas HTC Newsletter" into an "HTC Newsletter". So today is the first edition. I am open to suggestions and comments. This is "our club" and "our newsletter". I'm hoping to renew interest and participation in HTC!!!!

Birthdays we are celebrating this week"
Sunday: 2013RAM - Andrew from Pennsylvania
Monday: Rancher - Doug from Texas and jlhram - Jim also from Texas
Wednesday: wolf_with_the_red_rose1969 - John from North Carolina and SICKHEMI2004 - JD from Illinois
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.

HemiDRVR from Florida!!!

We are starting to talk about the 2019 Rally!!! This is a family friendly event open to all HTC members and their guests. See the post started to give your ideas and suggestions. The thread was started a couple of months ago. We are starting to get serious about place and dates so reservations can be made and folks can get their time off work. Let's have a great turn out this year!!
Chatroom has been an important part of HTC for several years. It has not worked since we moved to "the cloud" in May. This week the techs finally let us know that this is a HUGE problem without an easy fix. So...….that's all I have on that.
PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - Doug said to take him off the list but I think a quick prayer for his general health issues isn't a bad idea
*jwberry's dad - health issues, will be having heart surgery when stronger.
*Saber (Cherie) - health issues
*Doc's mother
Have a wonderful and prosperous New Year!!!

charged392 and SUPER BEE like this.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
John

Garage

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote