Hemi Truck Club banner

HTC News: September 8, 2019

588 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SUPER BEE 
#1 ·
:professor: Jeopardy! is an American television game show created by Merv Griffin. The show features a quiz competition in which contestants are presented with general knowledge clues in the form of answers, and must phrase their responses in the form of questions. The original daytime version debuted on NBC on March 30, 1964, and aired until January 3, 1975. A weekly nighttime syndicated edition aired from September 1974 to September 1975, and a revival, The All-New Jeopardy!, ran on NBC from October 1978 to March 1979. The current version, a daily syndicated show produced by Sony Pictures Television, premiered on September 10, 1984.

Both NBC versions and the weekly syndicated version were hosted by Art Fleming. Don Pardo served as announcer until 1975, and John Harlan announced for the 1978–1979 season. Since its inception, the daily syndicated version has featured Alex Trebek as host and Johnny Gilbert as announcer.
With over 8,000 episodes aired,[1] the daily syndicated version of Jeopardy! has won a record 33 Daytime Emmy Awards as well as a Peabody Award. In 2013, the program was ranked No. 45 on TV Guide's list of the 60 greatest shows in American television history. Jeopardy! has also gained a worldwide following with regional adaptations in many other countries. The daily syndicated series' 35th season premiered on September 10, 2018.[2]
The record holder for lifetime Jeopardy!-related winnings is Brad Rutter, who has won a cumulative total of $4,355,102 across five episodes of the regular series (when the rules stipulated that a contestant who won five consecutive days retired undefeated) and six Jeopardy! tournaments and events (winning four of those specials).[151] He won $55,102 (excluding the value of two cars also won) over five regular episodes in 2000, the $100,000 first-place prize in the 2001 Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions,[152] the $1,000,000 first-place prize in the 2002 Jeopardy! Million Dollar Masters Tournament, the $2,000,000 first-place prize (plus $115,000 in preliminary rounds) in the 2005 Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions,[153] the $200,000 third-place prize in the 2011 Jeopardy! IBM Challenge, the $1,000,000 first-place prize in the 2014 Jeopardy! Battle of the Decades, and $333,333 – one-third of the $1,000,000 first-place prize – in the 2019 "Jeopardy! All-Star Games", as captain of a three-person team of former champions.

Why is this the subject I chose for this week?? Well, if any of you go on Jeopardy and win big I want you to remember each week I have presented you with basic trivia to enhance you into well-rounded individuals. Therefore, if win big I'd like to respectfully request my share of the winnings.

:birthday: Birthdays/anniversaries we are celebrating this week:
Monday: HemiByrd - Dave from Kentucky
Thursday: F.D.Jr. - Floyd from Texas
Friday: LeeDeTro - Lee from Arizona
Saturday: eaglefrq - Clay from Virginia
Ghost~Shadow - from New Jersey
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.

:welcome-0005a: Welcome to a new HTC member and a returning with their new hemi member: Clemram, Nick, joined us and the Pennsylvania chapter. Nick is the proud owner of a 2005 2500 hemi. KevDog has returned with a 2018 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab.

:type: Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers. Brian, Nathan and I had a nice chat Thursday while enjoying homemade chocolate chip cookies & root beer.

:prayersent: PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - Doug said to take him off the list but I think a quick prayer for his general health issues isn't a bad idea
*Doc's mother
*BlackTRX - Roy - new cancer diagnosis and recovery from his surgery that he had Friday, May 31st
*Our Hemlins as they return to school
*For those in the path of Hurricane Dorian

Have a great week!!!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: arocketman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.