HTC News: September 29, 2019 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Studmuffin

Old 09-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

HTC News: September 29, 2019

framily
noun [countable] informal
people who are not related to you but are your very close friends and are as important to you as your family
'Friends are increasingly becoming our framily as we search for another support network ... A study has found that we are increasingly making framilies for ourselves by surrounding ourselves with friends.'

You might be familiar with the old adage 'blood is thicker than water' (basically, the idea that family relationships are stronger and more important than friendships). If however, in the aftermath of the Christmas holiday period when you've had enforced and concentrated contact with your parents, siblings or other relatives, you feel that a saying such as 'you can choose your friends, but not your family' seems more appropriate, then maybe you're the sort of person that would favour framily over family.

Framily is a new social group underpinned by the principle that good friends are the family that we can choose for ourselves. Framily, our closest, hand-picked friends, contrasts with our actual family, those individuals who we may or may not like, but to whom we are inextricably and permanently linked by virtue of simple biology. Recent research suggests that many of us spend more time with friends than we do with family, and that we consider our most special friends to be as important to us as our actual family members. Indeed for some, these friendships mature far beyond familial relationships. The word framily therefore fills a gap in the lexicon for those friends we hold in such high esteem that we think of them as family.
The concept of framily is thought to have arisen largely because of changes in the structure of society. In contrast to previous eras, people no longer routinely live close to other members of their family, and therefore need to create an alternative 'support network' friends who they can rely on for company and support through life's ups and downs.

I consider HTC my family.....framily!! Morris and I joined in 2005 and have enjoyed time with other members both as part of the club and individually. An excellent example is we spend every Thanksgiving with Rancher (Doug & Mary) whose family expects us to be there!! We met them at our first rally. I look forward to the rally each year, mostly to have vacation with my friends.

With that being said, families and friends argue/disagree/have disputes. It's part of life. Let's remember that even though we may disagree that we should still respect each other and their thoughts and opinions. Pepperoni pizza is probably one of the most popular foods in the world and it's my least favorite (even below chocolate......). Yet they are both loved my most. Let's keep HTC friendly and a source of help and knowledge for each other. You may disagree and think your way is better but you can say so and still respect each other. So if you are a pepperoni pizza and chocolate lover remember I have other redeeming qualities. We'll just agree to disagree.

Birthdays/anniversaries we are celebrating this week:
Sunday: Nunn - Josh from Texas
Saturday: The Muffins - Kima & Morris from Texas 17th anniversary
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.

Welcome back, ruffone , Don. He originally joined HTC and the Tennessee Chapter in 2010. Don recently became the proud owner of a 2019 Laramie and knew it was time to revisit HTC. Good to have you back to the framily, Don!!

Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers.

PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - Doug said to take him off the list but I think a quick prayer for his general health issues isn't a bad idea
*Doc's mother
*BlackTRX - Roy - new cancer diagnosis
*For those affected by the recent hurricanes
*Studmuffin - Morris' brother-in-law, David, with liver failure

Have great week!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone.jpg (69.1 KB, 0 views)
Black TRX likes this.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
John

Garage

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #3

Garage
when I was having my skin issues I really missed this place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #4

Garage
I absolutely agree!!