Hemi Truck Club banner

HTC News - September 27, 2020

498 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SUPER BEE 
#1 ·
:howdy:Neighbors are an integral part of our social lives – whether at home or at work. Good Neighbor Day on September 28 is an annual holiday that promotes neighborliness and niceness towards people who surround us.

The holiday was created by Becky Mattson of Arizona in the 1970s as a way to encourage neighbors to be good to each other. In 1978, then American President, Jimmy Carter issued a proclamation that designated September 24, 1978 as National Good Neighbor Day. In 2004, the United States Senate passed a resolution to celebrate September 26, 2004 as National Good Neighbor Day.

Prior to 2003, the holiday was celebrated on the fourth Sunday in September. Now it is unofficially celebrated in the U.S. and around the world as Good Neighbor Day.

How to Celebrate?
Be nice to your neighbor – at home or elsewhere.
If you don’t know your neighbors well, maybe today is your chance to go up to them and strike up a conversation.
Bake some goodies and share them with your neighbors. Bring them to work for your work neighbors.
Invite your neighbors to your home for a meal.
Don’t live in the U.S.? Don’t let that stop you from showing your appreciation for your neighbors.

Did You Know…
…that the word neighbor comes from the Old English word neahgebur, where neah means near and gebur means inhabitant?

:birthday: Birthdays & Anniversaries we are celebrating this week:
Tuesday: David's Darling - Karla from Indiana
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we'll celebrate with you!

:GoodLuck1: Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd-months end. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!

:type: Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers.

:prayersent: PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.

*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns

*Rancher - Doug general health

*Doc's mother - recent fall resulting in fractured femur & surgery, she is currently in rehab

*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes

*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues

*Those affected and impacted by the Covid 19 virus both physically and financially!
*Mrs.Studmuffin - please prayer for our church as we have a had major crisis!
* Those in the paths of the many recent hurricanes

Have a great week and be safe!!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: SUPER BEE
#2 ·
I had a crack house next door to me for a while, but that came to a full stop. The house has since been remodeled and sold to a really good guy. My other neighbor, who was a true friend, (my wife called him uncle Al) and as a hobby, mowed our grass all the time. Unfortunately he passed away earlier this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.