Happy Mother's Day!!
25 Things I Learned From My Mom
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
If youíre going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
You better pray that will come out of the carpet.
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
If you donít straighten up, Iím going to knock you into the middle of next week!
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
Because I said so, thatís why.
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, youíre not going to the store with me.
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case youíre in an accident.
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
Keep crying, and Iíll give you something to cry about.
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
Shut your mouth and eat your supper.
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
Youíll sit there until all that spinach is gone.
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
If I told you once, Iíve told you a million times. Donít exaggerate!
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
Stop acting like your father!
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who donít have wonderful parents like you do.
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
Just wait until we get home.
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
You are going to get it when you get home!
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
If you donít stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.
19. My mother taught me ESP.
Put your sweater on; donít you think I know when you are cold?
20. My mother taught me HUMOR (so that I could write this blogÖ ummm yea).
When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, donít come running to me.
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
If you donít eat your vegetables, youíll never grow up.
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
Youíre just like your father.
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
When you get to be my age, youíll understand.
25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
One day youíll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!
Tuesday: [email protected]
- Mike from Iowa
Wednesday: GoManGo - Dave from South Carolina
Thursday: Joerent615 - Joe from Tennessee
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.
HTC welcomes RecoilFreak!! Great to have you as part of our HTC family!!
Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd-months end. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!
It's with great sadness that have officially cancelled this year's rally that was scheduled in Fort Worth, Texas. Just a reminder that if you have already reserved your hotel room be sure to call and cancel your reservations!
Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers.
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - Doug said to take him off the list but I think a quick prayer for his general health issues isn't a bad idea
*Doc's mother - recent fall resulting in fractured femur & surgery, she is currently in rehab
*Studmuffin - Morris' brother-in-law, David, with liver failure
*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes
*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues
*Those affected and impacted by the Covid 19 virus both physically and financially!
Have a gread week and let the women in your life know how much you love and appreciate them!!