Happy Father's Day!
1. Your reputation is everything. Donít do or say anything that can tarnish that. And Iíll add, always be good, and if you canít be good, be discreet. In the age of Facebook where people tend to share too much this can be tricky.
2. Tip well. It could be you on the other end.
3. Make someone smile. Be polite, friendly and treat people well, regardless of who they are or their position in life. This includes knowing when to say: Please, Thank you, and Iím sorry.
4. Dress like a lady. Avoid showing too much skin or wearing too much makeup.
5. Beauty will fade, so develop your brain. Read. Get an education. We had special reading and snuggling time with our Dad where weíd take turns reading aloud. He also created vocabulary lists for us to hang on our bathroom mirrors and occasionally there would be pop-quizzes at dinner. I usually did well on those since I spent so much time in front of the mirror!
6. There are three kinds of people in the world: those that watch things happen, those that make things happen, and those that say ďWhat happened?Ē Be a person that makes things happen.
7. Just like me, he couldnít play an instrument to save his life, but our home was always filled with a variety of beautiful music.
8. My Dad was a very funny and clever man and he loved to laugh. Iíd like to think I inherited his dry wit. He believed humor to be the ultimate icebreaker, way to connect and coping mechanism.
9. Believe in God.
10. Be a gracious host and make people feel welcome in your home.
11. Give back to your community and give often.
12. Marry someone kind, smart and hard working, who treats their mother well.
13. Donít flirt too much or be too available, let them come to you. He was a big fan of playing hard to get.
14. Watch what you say, as you can hurt and alienate people with your words. I wasnít afraid to go toe to toe with my Dad (well maybe just a little, but I did it anyway to show how tough I thought I was), so I always thought this one was particularly directed to me.
15. Be a good friend. Always be generous. Be affectionate. Take care of those around you.
16. Money doesnít grow on trees, so donít be wasteful. However, he didnít mind spending on nice meals and a beautiful ambiance.
17. Put yourself out there. You wonít meet anyone or make friends as a shut-in.
18. Donít lie, itís too stressful to have to remember what you said. Donít be a know-it-all. And donít brag.
19. Family comes first. Love and honor your parents and siblings and always call your grandparents.
20. My dad was fond of saying ďOne hot day doesnít make it summer.Ē In other words, donít be so quick to judge a person or situation Ė good or bad.
21. Last but not least, chocolate helps with the parent/child bonding experience.
Birthdays & Anniversaries we are celebrating this week:
Wednesday: motorscooter - Bob from Arizona
kcd1369 - David from Florida
Thursday: Tkalex - Todd from Colorado
Saturday: [email protected]
- David from Kentucky
Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd-months end. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!
Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers.
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - general health issues
*Doc's mother - recent fall resulting in fractured femur & surgery, she is currently in rehab
*Studmuffin - Morris' mom continued recovery
*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes
*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues
*Those affected and impacted by the Covid 19 virus both physically and financially!
*Our country for safety and guidance thru the current protests and riots
Have a great week and be safe!!