HTC News: December 29, 2019 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Studmuffin

Old 12-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

HTC News: December 29, 2019

The truck we love was one of the "best" for 2019!! The Ram 1500 ascends the cutthroat full-size-pickup segment with its extensive capability and comprehensive versatility. The completely redesigned Ram truck offers a luxury-grade interior and multiple engines, including a hybridized V-8 powertrain that can tow up to 12,750 pounds. Its unconventional rear suspension and optional air springs deliver unmatched ride quality versus rivals. The Ram 1500 also offers the Rebel, a dedicated off-road version. A host of driver-assistance technologies and preeminent infotainment systems position it above Chevrolet and Ford pickup trucks and helped it earn a spot on our 10Best Trucks and SUVs list as the best full-size pickup truck for 2019.

What's New for 2020?
The most significant news for 2020 is that the optional EcoDiesel V-6 has been improved, with a lighter block, improved cylinder-head breathing, and a more efficient turbocharger. That bumps the costly diesel's output to 260 horsepower and a stout 480 lb-ft of torque, a measure by which the previous version already topped all light-duty diesel pickups; at this writing, the EPA has not yet certified the new engine but Ram says it'll be on sale by the end of 2019. Also new for 2020 is the return of the black-trimmed Night Edition on Big Horn and Laramie versions, while the off-road-oriented Rebel now includes a standard Comfort package with power tailgate release, heated rear seats and a 12-way power-adjustable driver's seat. Rebels can also be had with a driver-assistance technology package that includes adaptive cruise control and lane-departure warning.

Pricing and Which One to Buy
Tradesman: $33,950
Big Horn: $38,035
Laramie: $41,735
Rebel: $45,935
Limited: $55,110

We'd go for a Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 that starts at $49,935 and add the air-spring suspension, the luxury-packed Level 2 equipment package, plus the bedliner, the Bed Utility group, and Trailer Tow group. With the standard 3.6-liter V6 with eTorque, that's an efficient, go-anywhere truck that can handle most of what life throws at it for what is, by modern pickup standards, a moderate $55,385. If you need to get to 60 mph in less than six seconds, you'll need the Hemi but now you're adding cost both at buy-in and in operation—you could easily build out a Ram 1500 with a lot more towing and hauling ability, or one with all the bells and whistles, but that's how people end up driving pickups that crest the $70,000 mark.

Birthdays/anniversaries we are celebrating this week:
Sunday: SUBETC - Scott from Hawaii
AlbertaHemi - Dave from Canada
Monday: jpdriver1 - Kevin from California
Wednesday: 04sthemi - Mario from Florida
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.

Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers.

PRAYER REQUEST:

If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - Doug said to take him off the list but I think a quick prayer for his general health issues isn't a bad idea
*Doc's mother - recent fall resulting in fractured femur & surgery
*BlackTRX - Roy - new cancer diagnosis
*Studmuffin - Morris' brother-in-law, David, with liver failure
*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes
*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues
*Traveling mercies for those on roads this holiday week

Have a happy, safe and prosperious New Year!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019.jpg (25.4 KB, 0 views)
arocketman likes this.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
John

Garage
New trucks are out of my price range, so I will keep my truck on the road as long as possible. I don't make New Year's Resolutions.

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote