"He is Risen, He is not here" Mark 16:6
4/26 has been designated National Hemi Day to celebrate the 426 Hemi.
The 426 HEMI® V8 has a reputation for dominance enjoyed by few engines, and the legend continues to grow. Here’s a brief timeline of this iconic engine’s history.
– Originally designed and created as a “race only” engine in 1964, vehicles powered by the 426 HEMI V8 dominate racetracks and drag strips during its first year of competition.
– Stock Car officials ban the 426 HEMI engine for the 1965 race season as protests from the competition mount declaring the dominant V8 is not a regular production engine in passenger cars.
– Chrysler introduces the 426 Street HEMI engine in 1966 to appease racing officials as well as to dominate the streets of America with the massive V8’s underrated 425 horsepower.
– The muscle car wars are in full swing by 1968, and the newly designed Charger R/T and Coronet R/T with available 426 HEMI V8 power under the hood quickly earn a badass reputation.
– Dodge introduces a low-budget, econo-muscle car, the Super Bee. With the optional 426 HEMI V8, it cleans up on the local drag strips along with the avenues and boulevards of big cities and small towns across America.
– Built strictly for drag racing’s Super Stock class, a group of Chrysler race engineers led by Tom Hoover create the 1968 Super Stock HEMI Dart. Built in limited numbers to satisfy eligibility rules, it quickly dominates the drag strip and continues to do so even today.
– Dodge gets into the pony car market with the Challenger for 1970. The ground-pounding 426 HEMI engine finds another home between the Challenger model’s sculpted front fenders and underneath the optional Shaker hood. Original 1970-1971 Dodge Challenger R/T models with the 426 HEMI V8 set bidding records when going across the block at today’s collector car auctions.
Birthdays/anniversaries we are celebrating this week:
Friday: Sleeper10Hemi - Shawn from Texas
CASilver04 - Chris from California
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.
Welcome to StreetWiseMI!! Joe is from Michigan and is the proud owner of a 5.7 '05 1500 Daytona Edition - Go Mango Orange. It's great to have you on board, Joe!!
The rally is on the books!!!
Join us for the 2019 HTC National Rally in Branson, Missouri, June 16-21, 2019. See the thread under "rallies and events" for more details, to ask questions, and to sign up. LET'S HAVE GREAT TURNOUT THIS YEAR!!!
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns
*Rancher - Doug said to take him off the list but I think a quick prayer for his general health issues isn't a bad idea
* SUPER BEE - John - his sister, Victoria, passed away from cancer
Have a great week!!!