HTC News - April 19, 2020 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mrs.Studmuffin

Old 04-19-2020, 07:33 AM   #1
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

HTC News - April 19, 2020

For most of us lately our days are just becoming mundane "days on end". We don't even know the difference between Monday and Friday. But some interesting things happened on this day many years ago. here's trivia of what happened on April 19th! For complete details look at This Day Fun Trivia and History

First Bad LSD Trip
April 19, 1943

Inventor of LSD, Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann, takes his first intentional dose of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD). He had discovered its psychedelic effects several days earlier when he accidentally rubbed against some. However, unlike his first experience, this time it triggered frightening images and colors. He described, "I was alternately bewildered and in clear understanding of the situation, so that I sometimes stood outside myself as a neutral observer as I shrieked half madly or babbled unintelligible nonsense."
This is referred to as "Bicycle Day," because he began to feel the effects of the drug as he rode home on his bike.

Oklahoma City Bombing - April 19, 1995
Waco Disaster - April 19, 1993
The Simpsons - April 19, 1987
First African-American and Female U.S. Astronauts - April 19, 1982
Oxford English Dictionary - April 19, 1928
The Shot Heard Round the World - April 19, 1775
Salem Witch Trials - April 19, 1692
Oldest Person to Give Birth - April 19, 2016
USS Iowa Gun Turret Explosion - April 19, 1989
First U.S. Consumer Product Sold in the Soviet Union - April 19, 1973
First Space Station - April 19, 1971
First Space Station - April 19, 1971

Birthday/Anniversary/Celebrations:
Sunday: 5.7litersoffreedom - Matt from Maine
If it's your birthday/anniversary/special occasion let us know and we will celebrate with you.

Welcome to our two newest HTC members: bwortman84, Bill from Oregon, is the proud owner of a 2011 hemi 2500. poppadoc357 from Alabama is hemi proud with a 2006 Ram 1500. Great to have you has part of our HTC family!

Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd-months end. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!

It's time to look forward to the 2020 Rally!! The rally will be in Fort Worth, Texas!!! Check the thread out and start making plans to attend. The Hemi Truck Club Rally is a family friendly event open to all HTC members and their guests.

Chatroom is back!! Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00 CST for chatroom. See what going on with the rest of the HTC'ers.

PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.

*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns

*Rancher - Doug

*Doc's mother - recent fall resulting in fractured femur & surgery, she is currently in rehab

*Studmuffin - Morris' brother-in-law, David, with liver failure

*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes

*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues

*Those affected and impacted by the Covid 19 virus

Have a gread week!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trivia.jpg (43.1 KB, 1 views)

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
John

Garage

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote