HTC Homepage - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 04-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #1

HTC Homepage

I don't always go to our homepage. I have a shortcut to come straight to the forum. I have made a few special trips to see what is new to the homepage...ie.. new sponsors. And I must say that ya'll are doing a hell of a job on keeping up the homepage. For as much info and sponsors as we have crammed in there...it doesn't look overcrowded. Great job! Keep up the good work !!

Tazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

HTC Homepage

I'd like to give props to MR. Truck too. There is a lot of info there. It could use a bit of an overhaul, reminds me of my desk!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #3

HTC Homepage

Yeah. While I love the site and I want to give Mr. truck all his due props, I think an overhaul of the site wouldn't be a bad idea. I think it is just a bit hard to navigate. I know there is the sponcership and advertising placement to consider too but I think it couldn't hurt to redesign it a bit.
Dan, the Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
HTC Homepage

I'm with you Dan...I go there everytine I sign on and I still have to hunt for things...Like the new sponsor I didn't find until the other day... Somewhere out there I thought there was an owners manual but I gouldn't find it if it is.
TMI on one page....IMO...
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #5

HTC Homepage

Still I don;t want anyone to think Im being harsh. Mr Hemi and Mr. Truck put an *** load of time and money into this site for nothing in return. Still they now have a pretty large family to call upon for help. I would love to help with any kind of redesign.
Dan, the Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

HTC Homepage

Id be gld to add some design help. There are somenice ways to get our sponsors some really good placement.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
HTC Homepage

Don't misunderstand me...I love the site and I'm sure everyone works their tails off, but there are some sites that just look better and are more easly viewed.... God knows I couldn't fix it, but someone out there sure builds some awsome sites. The best mechanic in the world prolly couldn't build a very good skyscraper...if you catch my drift.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #8

HTC Homepage

i dunno i think it's gotten better since i first found this site. there's a whole lotta stuff to get crammed on there. the forum link i think is easier to find than it once was.
SLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:01 PM   #9

HTC Homepage

Mr. H, give me a call and we can go over some options (I do get to use my BA in Art for something occasionally).
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:34 AM   #10

HTC Homepage

Well we do appreciate the imput. We strive to improve your club and this website. Better art with Flash is something I've been working on. Actually hired someone to build us flash banners and they turned out to be slower than me.

I've seen alot of clean websites with easy navigation, those sites have about 1/4 of the content we have on the home page. But those are usually just a public relations site or support site. The websites that support themselfs are more complicated and messy like ours. Some of the comfusion is to get folks to spend more time on the home page scrolling down, looking at our sponsors banners on the way to the forum link or to member rides or MrHemi's Reviews. So far this messy home page has worked, you members have visited our sponsor's websites and purchased accessories from us which has kept us a float without having to have membership dues.

If our website was just a link to go to, to go to the forum, we couldn't afford this website. I do want to clean it up somewhat and do from time to time, but not alot as not to loose the formula that you great members have supported now, I think on our 3rd year.

If you want to see what the messy home page and the efforts of you loyal members on getting our website to the top, go to http://ranking.com/ then go to "Sites Ranking" put in the code on the screen and put http://hemitruckclub.com/ in the search box, you see we are ranked 136,911 out of the 100 million websites out there.

That's high in the chart. Do any of our members have a website ranked higher? Or know someone personally that is ranked higher. That's the volunteer we need to give us fresh ideas to help us keep climbing the ladder. We do need to find someone to help us find more sponsors, so we can cash flow better and spend more on improving the site. We've been blessed with how much we've grown and how little we've spent compared to the big truck websites supported by magazines.

So the little guy does have a chance in America. We appreciate the offers of help. The editor I use to run this website is Front Page 2003, can't affored Macromedia Dream Weaver yet. Submit your ideas that I can use with Front Page, and we'll work on our future together. My email, [email protected]

We're the #1 "Hemi Truck" website on all the major search engines. Love the mess, embrace the confusion grasshoppers, we have a Tibet monk who translates Hemi ying and yang. This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrTruck, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:18:57 GMT-0700', '05 April 2005 03:18 AM')+''); 05 April 2005 03:18 AM
MrTruck is offline   Reply With Quote