HTC Cook-Out In Denison, Texas - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 02-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

HTC Cook-Out In Denison, Texas

We will be having a cook-out on
Saturday, April 26, 2008
11:00 - 3:00
at Waterloo Lake in beautiful downtown Denison, Texas. We are so far north that it is very realistic for some of the Oklahoma (and any other states) to join us.

I will get hot dogs, buns, chips, and dessert so no one will have to worry about anything other than getting here. We can just chip in to cover the cost. I don't know for sure but less that $5 per person will cover everything.

Do you guys want me to pick up a few drinks (non-alcoholic) also?? Or strickly bring your own? I thought it might be easier for me to get a few in different varieties - like maybe 2 per person - and include that in the cost.

We will have volleyball, lots of visiting, there is a horseshoe pit if anyone has horseshoes, and it's BYOFP (bring your own fishing pole) if you would like to fish, State laws apply to fish, sorry I don't know what they are . There is also a playground and walking track.

The physical address is 1101 Waterloo Lake Road, Denison, Texas. From Highway 75 in Denison you take exit 69. From Oklahoma City you can take I35 South to Gainesville, Texas (2 hours) the west on highway 82 to Denison (45 minutes). If you are looking from Central Oklahoma we are 20 minutes south of Durant, Oklahoma on Highway 69. I'll post better directions closer to time on how to get to the park.

Now while I was going to Parks and Rec to make the reservations and pay the deposit, and planning the menu and getting a preliminary price, getting basic directions and trying to post this, Morris was BUSY (??) at the park finding the best place for the group photo. It is a beautiful park for photos.

Looking forward to having a great turnout.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
&quotRANCHER&quot

We'll be there! I'll bring a set of horseshoes....less the horse of course.
Everyone needs to bring their on drinks. That way everyone gets what they want and you don't have to fool with it. What about the catering deal we talked about, decide against it?

Did Morris take any pictures?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Oops, forgot about the catering thing. I'll check on that tomorrow.

I'll try to get pictures tomorrow also.
Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #4

Wish I could be there. Have some dogs and beer for me.
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #5

I'll be there...

Thanks for putting this together!
madcat is offline   Reply With Quote