How do you deal with unwanted calls? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
Director Emeritus

Telezapper II, EZ-Hangup and others claim to help with telemarketers calls but do they really?

More and more we continue to get those annoying calls about credit help on a daily basis. Yes, we are on the Do Not Call registry but that doesn't stop them. It's always a recorded message and sometimes give you the "press 1" option to speak with a representative and a "press 3" option to opt out of any further calls from them - AND WE ALL KNOW THAT DOES NO GOOD.

Several times I either opted out or spoke with a rep telling them I am on the Do Not Call registry and to please stop calling me and believe it or not, they got more frequent - always a new number on the caller ID. I pay an extra $7.00 per month to Verizon so I can block specific numbers, but that's only for up to 25 and guess what I'm up to. Last week I started getting really nasty with them and began speaking with a rep and cussing them out. Needless to say, the woman said "ok, I'll just call you back in an hour" and she did - 6 times! The very next day 5 times.

It's almost gotten to the point of just getting rid of the landline (home phone). Is there anything that really works?

HELP!

'04 2500 SLT 4X4 QC/SB 3:73 - Weathertech floor liners & vent visors - Fisher 8'HD plow - DELTA tool box - Back Rack - Whelen Guardian - Flowmaster 50 Series HD cat-back system

HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Telezapper II, EZ-Hangup and others claim to help with telemarketers calls but do they really?

More and more we continue to get those annoying calls about credit help on a daily basis. Yes, we are on the Do Not Call registry but that doesn't stop them. It's always a recorded message and sometimes give you the "press 1" option to speak with a representative and a "press 3" option to opt out of any further calls from them - AND WE ALL KNOW THAT DOES NO GOOD.

Several times I either opted out or spoke with a rep telling them I am on the Do Not Call registry and to please stop calling me and believe it or not, they got more frequent - always a new number on the caller ID. I pay an extra $7.00 per month to Verizon so I can block specific numbers, but that's only for up to 25 and guess what I'm up to. Last week I started getting really nasty with them and began speaking with a rep and cussing them out. Needless to say, the woman said "ok, I'll just call you back in an hour" and she did - 6 times! The very next day 5 times.

It's almost gotten to the point of just getting rid of the landline (home phone). Is there anything that really works?

HELP!

'04 2500 SLT 4X4 QC/SB 3:73 - Weathertech floor liners & vent visors - Fisher 8'HD plow - DELTA tool box - Back Rack - Whelen Guardian - Flowmaster 50 Series HD cat-back system

HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

If I have time to squander, I say "I will be glad to listen to your sales pitch but first I would like to know if you know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior". Gives me a quick moment to witness and also ends the phone call.

Morris wants to get rid of our land-line but I won't let him. I get more telemarketers on my cell than our land-line.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #4

Garage
I know what I would like to say to them, but I'm sure it would get me in trouble...

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #5

Garage
I just ask them to hold on a second and then go on about whatever I was doing. Several minutes late I go back and they are gone.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #6

Call screening, if its important they'll leave a message. Telemarketers seldom do.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #7
Board of Directors

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by BTeves:
Call screening, if its important they'll leave a message. Telemarketers seldom do.
Indeed. I have no land line and if I don't recognize an incoming call on my cell I simply never answer it. If one keeps calling I put a block on it.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I hate those calls..... When you hang up it just rings back and I haven't found a way to disconnect. I've tried everything. This being the political season I'm getting more calls from them than telemarketers. Like Bryan said let the answering machine answer it.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #9

If I don't recognize the number on the caller ID I just let the machine get it. The only reason I even have a land line is for ADT anyway. If it's someone I want to talk to they have my cell phone number.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by HemiByrd:
Quote:
Originally posted by BTeves:
Indeed. I have no land line and if I don't recognize an incoming call on my cell I simply never answer it. If one keeps calling I put a block on it.