Hemi Truck Club banner

How Did You???

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
How did you hear about Hemi Truck Club? This thread is something I've wanted to do for some time now. I believe it's important to identify what works and what doesn't work. Understanding what works, allows those who are seeking to grow this community, the effective tools to achieve that. Identifying what doesn't work, may help others avoid disappointments. No Results = Discouragement. Thank you to everyone who reads this, and adds their input. No one can achieve this by themselves. It's going to take the Club's participation, with your help.:thumb:

Reactions: SUPER BEE
#2 · (Edited)
A coworker told me about HTC. He's not a member for whatever reason but says he got a lot of ideas for his truck from here.

#3 ·
I was actively searching the interweb (as they say on Fast and Loud) :thumb:

#4 ·
I'm local to arocketman, and of course knew of his impressive truck. I ran into him and Ghost03hemi at memorial car show for a local guy. I had just finished my hemi swap, and was impressed with how personable they were. They made it seem as though I was missing out, if I didn't stop by a check it out. Thanks Bill and Stu, for inviting me. I appreciate it:thumb:

#5 ·
Don't remember what I searched, but I found it on the internet. (ohio mopar clubs, ohio truck clubs,...don't remember)

#7 ·
This forum (perhaps the 'only' one in 2007 when I joined) provided a real venue with helpful answers in a respectful, friendly, adult-oriented atmosphere and it was specific to Hemi Trucks. While other MOPAR forums I tried did occasionally offer useful input - most often I found bitching, bragging and kiddos engaged in a verbal 'who-can-pee-the-longest' contest!:facepalm:

My 2 cents :thumb:,

#8 ·
This forum (perhaps the 'only' one in 2007 when I joined) provided a real venue with helpful answers in a respectful, friendly, adult-oriented atmosphere and it was specific to Hemi Trucks. While other MOPAR forums I tried did occasionally offer useful input - most often I found bitching, bragging and kiddos engaged in a verbal 'who-can-pee-the-longest' contest!:facepalm:
There are indeed a bunch of those sites. I stopped by a different site said hi. In two weeks, only one person said welcome. That's why I make it a point to say hi to all new members.

#9 · (Edited)
Almost 10 years ago my son and I were talking about doing some mods to my truck. At the time I belonged to a few other clubs. None of which impressed me. To much bashing and bragging. Stopped by here to check it our and was invited by a couple of members to go to Shreveport for Louisiana Mopar Nationals. Met up with them and went. Won 2nd place and I was hooked. Made my self a promise to go back and win. I did and won several years. The guys that invited me have moved on but the friendly site without all the drama got my attention. When MrHemi operated the site it was a taught ship with lost of activities. Not so much now but still a lot of good people that come here to help out those with questions. I've made a lot of friends all over the country an though some have moved on we stay in touch. It has honestly become part of our family thanks to those the put the effort into making it a better than usual site. The numbers may be down from what they were, but as long as we can get "quality" people with a common interest and manors it will continue to be the site many of us call "Home". :)

#10 ·
I use to have an 03 Ram with the 4.7L V8 several years ago and I was on another Ram fan forums back then. When I got my Hemi last year I googled for a specific Hemi club and found HTC. I'd like to get some stickers made to advertise around town since there doesn't seem to be too many Arkansans on here.

#11 ·
I had joined another internet club website, but I soon grew tired of waiting on all the ads to run before a page would be usable.:confused: I also asked some questions, which received either no response, or very little. I went on Google and asked my questions there. I noticed I was finding my answers here on HTC, so I joined, and this is the club I ask my questions, and lend advice where, and when I can to help others.:thumb: I also welcome all new members when they join.:D

#13 ·
When I first got my hemi I was out and about looking through forums just to see what can be done with the truck to amp it up. Not many sites were appeasing to me. So one day I was messing around looking up truck clubs and the HTC popped up. I checked out the website and found not only is it a club but also had a lot of useful information! I also had heard about it through a friend of which had made a trade with Josh. I definitely agree with the sticker part so we can sport the name of the HTC and make people aware that there's a club out there!

#15 ·
I googled "clubs that need a queen and don't have one" and HTC popped up. :iamqueen: :D

Seriously, a guy Morris worked with found it on-line and told Morris. After our first rally in Arlington we found out how family friendly it is so I joined too. I agree with Doug, we have met so many wonderful friends and people over the years that I could google "home" and HTC would be what popped up for me.

#17 ·
I googled "clubs that need a queen and don't have one" and HTC popped up. :iamqueen: :D

Seriously, a guy Morris worked with found it on-line and told Morris. After our first rally in Arlington we found out how family friendly it is so I joined too. I agree with Doug, we have met so many wonderful friends and people over the years that I could google "home" and HTC would be what popped up for me.

-----------------------------------------------
:iagree:No one is 'homeless' with the HTC Family :thumb:.

:dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.