HEMI in the High Country - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

We're back from the high country of Colorado after interviewing several builders to construct our new home and having our acreage permitted for a well, driveway and septic. My wife and I left for our "Working Vacation" Saturday (11.05.11) and traveled through ice packed roads, stranded vehicles, snow banks, and snow storms. And that was just leaving Arizona! My little 4x4 did very well through it all. When it came to snow packed roads, I let the 5.7, trans and limited slip do the work for me as long as I didn't push it beyond a simple monotonous "hum" from the dual exhaust. OH! And my "pizza cutting" Michelin tires did extremely well on the slip-n-slide surfaces! I couldn't be happier with my truck! We did our 700 mile trip back to Arizona in one day (11 hours) and remained rested after the trip vs. taking her ride and feeling "beat-up" after.

I am making plans to go back in February with bid sets for the contractors we felt comfortable with and specialized with the methods of construction we are both familiar and happy to have done ( icfhomes).

Meanwhile, I have a few photos which I'll post later.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

We're back from the high country of Colorado after interviewing several builders to construct our new home and having our acreage permitted for a well, driveway and septic. My wife and I left for our "Working Vacation" Saturday (11.05.11) and traveled through ice packed roads, stranded vehicles, snow banks, and snow storms. And that was just leaving Arizona! My little 4x4 did very well through it all. When it came to snow packed roads, I let the 5.7, trans and limited slip do the work for me as long as I didn't push it beyond a simple monotonous "hum" from the dual exhaust. OH! And my "pizza cutting" Michelin tires did extremely well on the slip-n-slide surfaces! I couldn't be happier with my truck! We did our 700 mile trip back to Arizona in one day (11 hours) and remained rested after the trip vs. taking her ride and feeling "beat-up" after.

I am making plans to go back in February with bid sets for the contractors we felt comfortable with and specialized with the methods of construction we are both familiar and happy to have done ( icfhomes).

Meanwhile, I have a few photos which I'll post later.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Good luck with the construction. I've seen ICF construction on TV but no one uses it here....wish they would. With 110 summer we could use it just as much as those in the colder climates. Interesting wed site.. I enjoyed reading some of the Q & A about myths.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
Board of Directors

Garage
be sure to submit some of your truck pics for truck of the month.
HTC MEMBER #2460
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 4x4 Second Swarm #3248
2015 Peterbilt 389, 550hp Cummins ISX

AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertaHemi:
be sure to submit some of your truck pics for truck of the month.
Thanks, but for the record, by the time I reached our point of designation in CO my truck was "trashed" with all the snow grime, sand and mud. First thing I did, when we were settled on the first day, was to find a coin operated car wash ($2.50 for 4 minutes ). It wasn't enough to take off the residue that was left behind. So I shot maybe one photo of the truck, from a distance, with a little snow on the top of it. The rest of my photos were scenic.

I did a photo layout here. I am just not real happy with any of the shots showing places in the background (Perfectionist me). Besides I will be doing a re-shoot when I have all my new accessories installed. It will have a little different look to it.

Expect some photos from me in Feb (a special month for me) or March, for TOTM, when I head "home" in CO and have a set of construction documents in hand for bidding. If my schedule falls behind, then I take some photos from around here in AZ. There are quite a few point of interest, in the land of zone, I can still add to my album.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
"Bob"

Garage