02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dayton, OH
GPS....Your thoughts Pro and Con
1. Increases vehicle value at trade-in. I got 1500 more for my '02
2. No third-party GPS uglifying the dash. I'm a purist and want a factory look with factory parts.
3. Free updates as they become available. My dealer gives customers the latest DVD at no cost.
1. One vehicle only. You can't pop it out and use it in another vehcile unless it's a CGX vehicle.
2. Use in any vehicle
1. Small screen size
2. Limited or no audio system attachment.
3. Uglifies the interior of your vehicle.
Personally, if I were going to spend money on an aftermarket GPS for my truck, I'd purchase one of the aftermarket double-DIN in-dash units with the 6.5" or 7" display (not one of those pop-up screens). They provide a close-to-factory fit and finish and are fully integrated as part of the audio system. However, they cost just as much as the factory unit, if not more.