Google TV - Logitech Revue - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #1

Just got mine today (gift from my son) and after about 15 minutes of removing cables and hooking up new ones and the box and the HD Vid Camera I already have and getting the password for my WiFi and then letting it update - another 10 minutes with updating itself - and then another 15 minutes or so telling it what Inet service I have and giving the info for my cable box and tv and model number and all that crap (about almost 1 hour total.. GEEZ!!! LOL) I finally got it hooked up and I think I really like it!

It's setup with apps sort of like the Android and it also comes with Logitech Vid HD included so that if anyone were to download Logitech HD Vid from their website, and you got a camera on your computer (THAT WORKS), you could connect with others and have live real time video chats for free - I'm assuming anywhere in the world.

It also has Google Chrome so that I could sit on my *** in the living room and come on here and make my usual harassment posts or go on Facebook or YouTube or goto NetFlix .. ect ect...

Logitech Revue: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/revue

I checked online and Revue costs anywhere from about $100 upto over $500 (at Sears).....

Logitech Vid HD: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/349/5787

This is free....

System Req for Logitech Vid HD:

Compatibility with other networks To keep things simple, Vid HD doesn’t currently connect with Windows Live Messenger™, AIM®, Yahoo! ® Messenger, or Skype™. But there’s nothing that would prevent you from using other IM and calling services in addition to Vid on the same computer.

What you’ll need Minimum and recommended system requirements You’ll need a high-speed internet connection with at least 256 kbps upload / download for standard definition and at least 1 Mbps upload / download for HD 720p video calls.

You need a webcam if you want to be seen, and for HD video you will need one of our new HD webcams to transmit HD video. To be heard, you need a webcam with a built-in mic, a headset, or an external microphone connected to your PC.

As for your computer:

PC : Vid HD works with Windows XP, Microsoft™ Vista, or Windows 7.

You will need a CPU that’s a 2.4 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo with 2GB of RAM for HD calls and a minimum 1GHz CPU with 512MB RAM for basic video calls.

Macintosh: Vid works with Leopard 10.5.0 or higher, Safari 3.0 or newer.

You will need a CPU that’s a 2.8 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo with 2GB RAM or faster processor for HD calls and a minimum 1GHz Intel based CPU with 512MB RAM for basic video calls.

Other operating systems: Sorry we don’t have a version of Logitech® Vid for Linux, or other operating systems

Display: You will need a wide screen monitor that is capable of displaying resolutions offering 1280 x 720p resolution or higher for HD video calls.

ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #2

Just got mine today (gift from my son) and after about 15 minutes of removing cables and hooking up new ones and the box and the HD Vid Camera I already have and getting the password for my WiFi and then letting it update - another 10 minutes with updating itself - and then another 15 minutes or so telling it what Inet service I have and giving the info for my cable box and tv and model number and all that crap (about almost 1 hour total.. GEEZ!!! LOL) I finally got it hooked up and I think I really like it!

It's setup with apps sort of like the Android and it also comes with Logitech Vid HD included so that if anyone were to download Logitech HD Vid from their website, and you got a camera on your computer (THAT WORKS), you could connect with others and have live real time video chats for free - I'm assuming anywhere in the world.

It also has Google Chrome so that I could sit on my *** in the living room and come on here and make my usual harassment posts or go on Facebook or YouTube or goto NetFlix .. ect ect...

Logitech Revue: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/revue

I checked online and Revue costs anywhere from about $100 upto over $500 (at Sears).....

Logitech Vid HD: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/349/5787

This is free....

System Req for Logitech Vid HD:

Compatibility with other networks To keep things simple, Vid HD doesn’t currently connect with Windows Live Messenger™, AIM®, Yahoo! ® Messenger, or Skype™. But there’s nothing that would prevent you from using other IM and calling services in addition to Vid on the same computer.

What you’ll need Minimum and recommended system requirements You’ll need a high-speed internet connection with at least 256 kbps upload / download for standard definition and at least 1 Mbps upload / download for HD 720p video calls.

You need a webcam if you want to be seen, and for HD video you will need one of our new HD webcams to transmit HD video. To be heard, you need a webcam with a built-in mic, a headset, or an external microphone connected to your PC.

As for your computer:

PC : Vid HD works with Windows XP, Microsoft™ Vista, or Windows 7.

You will need a CPU that’s a 2.4 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo with 2GB of RAM for HD calls and a minimum 1GHz CPU with 512MB RAM for basic video calls.

Macintosh: Vid works with Leopard 10.5.0 or higher, Safari 3.0 or newer.

You will need a CPU that’s a 2.8 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo with 2GB RAM or faster processor for HD calls and a minimum 1GHz Intel based CPU with 512MB RAM for basic video calls.

Other operating systems: Sorry we don’t have a version of Logitech® Vid for Linux, or other operating systems

Display: You will need a wide screen monitor that is capable of displaying resolutions offering 1280 x 720p resolution or higher for HD video calls.

ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #3

Just picked up one of Sony's smart tvs powered by google/android not to long ago and have to say I'm really enjoying mine as well.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote