Hemi Truck Club banner

Give me a break!!!

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  MikeHTally 
#1 ·
Yesterday it was 82°, 20 degrees above normal. It rained most of the night..a light rain. At 6:30 this morning it was 40°. At 7:30 it was 35°. Shortly after it was freezing and still a light rain. At 2:30 it's 25° and we're getting thunder sleet mixed with rain. Can you guess what the morning drive is going to be like.
Where's spring? :(

#2 ·
it came south sunny and 80 degrees today

#4 ·
Yesterday it was 82°, 20 degrees above normal. It rained most of the night..a light rain. At 6:30 this morning it was 40°. At 7:30 it was 35°. Shortly after it was freezing and still a light rain. At 2:30 it's 25° and we're getting thunder sleet mixed with rain. Can you guess what the morning drive is going to be like.
Where's spring? :(

We won't get it quite as bad as you but still the prediction is for a low of 21 and 'severe thunderstorms' all at the same time...that should work well:facepalm:.

:icon_peace:

#11 ·
I feel your pain, Doug!! It's 18 right now. I have to go to work tomorrow no matter what. But, hey, it will 70 again on Friday. This ridiculous. Looking forward to waking up to 2 degrees in the morning. :icon_peace:

#12 ·
-35F up here in Alberta! :( So I don't really feel bad for you! Lol

#13 ·
Ah Steve! This cold hurts us like our 100° heat does you. :) It sucks anyway you look at it. We have nothing out here in the sticks to clear roads with and when it's ice you just stay home. I've already told my wife she isn't going to work tomorrow, no way, no how.

Kima try not to bend up the new car. :)

Attachments

#14 ·
Very true Doug. The weather this year has been pretty messed up to say the least. This cold is actually not normal for the part of Alberta I live in. Maybe once a winter it will get this cold but we have seen these temps quite regularly this year.

#16 ·
Doug,,come on you are a Texan,,tall,dark,wind blown Texan a man of steel,a man of great wisdom and strength. At least that was before today's rant,,you just blew my vision of a real man. Now I will have to search for a new hero of men,,you have crushed my dreams of finding a real man of steel. Oh,, by the way thanks for sending it this way,,I can handle it.

#17 ·
^^ hahahaha

#25 ·
No snow here but 2" of ice on the driveway. Couldn't get out of the garage..... Finally got part of the driveway cleared with the tractor. "If" Mary can get out of the garage I thinks she'll be fine. Has to go to her mothers tonight.

#29 ·
just be glad you are in a garage my truck is frozen to the driveway. I couldn't even get the doors open. not bad out now and the ice melted on the truck.

No snow here but 2" of ice on the driveway. Couldn't get out of the garage..... Finally got part of the driveway cleared with the tractor. "If" Mary can get out of the garage I thinks she'll be fine. Has to go to her mothers tonight.

#31 · (Edited)
A little side story... Sunday afternoon I was doing a little spring cleaning. Raking leaves, weed-eating the Mondo grass so it would have all new growth this spring and suddenly a little rabbit, about half grown ran from where I was working. It ran about 10' out into the yard and stopped. I went back to work and another one ran out. Since we have Mondo grass around several trees I went to another part of the yard and kept working. A little while later I went back to where the rabbits were and they were gone. I finished up and quit for the day. After all it was nice and warm Sunday. Later we were going to go to town for dinner and as I walked out the back door into the garage there was one of the rabbits. We keep an umbrella in the corner by the back door. He was sitting there under the umbrella like it was home. I didn't want to stop so we left him there and went on our way. When we got back he wasn't there. He had moved under a table I keep things "piled" on. It was dark, cold and the wind was blowing so I decided to let him spend the night. Well you have read what Sunday night and Monday turned into. Temps in the teens, ice everywhere. I wasn't about to open the garage door and force him out into the cold icy world. We had a box that our new printer came in so I made a "hutch" for him. Took an old sheet that I use for a drop cloth and covered the bottom. Folded the little end flaps to reduce the size of the opening, put some lettuce and wheat Chexs inside for him to munch on. Monday morning the food was gone and he was back under the umbrella huddled in the corner. I put some more food out for him and watched him throughout the morning. A little after noon I looked and he was laying under the umbrella, lifeless. No idea what happened to him but he was dead. Why it bothers me I can't say but I really feel bad about the little guys passing. Hope is brother managed to survive the cold. I really don't like winter. :(

#32 ·
:sad::cry2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.