"Ghost Hunters" - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 01-31-2008, 07:32 AM   #1

"Ghost Hunters"

Anyone else watch the show ghost huntes on sci-fi on Wed. nights? For some reason I always end up turning it on and can't turn it off. Some of what they do makes me leary of the validity of it, but other things keep you interested. Just curious if anyone else watches or has watched it before. It is from my neck of the woods up here in NE and I have met the kid Brian from New Haven. He is a little "off" but real.

My biggest problem with the show is if they catch nothing, then the show goes off the air because no one watches and advertisers pull their adds. Simple. So they have to show something. So it causes me to be very skeptical.

SLAMLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 AM   #2

"Ghost Hunters"

Im addicted to that show. I like how they use all that equiptment and stuff to really get some hard evidence. They have caught some weird stuff on camera.
FAhemiST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #3

"Ghost Hunters"

We watch it every week, have been since it first started. What I like about it is that they do try to disprove as much as they can. I'm not yet as much of a fan of the new "international" version, but the original is addicting.
CherryRedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #4

"Ghost Hunters"

The new international one is not as good, I agree. Interesting though.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 PM   #5

"Ghost Hunters"

Been watching it for quite a while now. I also wrote Scifi Channel and posted on their website about the old Infra Red Thermal Thermometer they used to use - that think that kinda looks like a gun - I've been using one for several years in construction work and I had to let them know that while they used that version their "cold spots" were actually cold spots on the walls and doors and windows. There's no defined minimum range with those and you can actually take the temperature of clouds! I suggested that they use one with an attachable ambient temp sensor.. they got around to using one a couple months later, not sure if it was my note or not though.. lol

Use to laugh at work with people when I explained this to them about GH, I'd point it into someone's lunch cooler and say "Ooo.. we got a ghost, there's a cold spot"...
ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #6

"Ghost Hunters"

I watch the show every week. I'm trying to gt used to the International one. I think it's because the main guy there try's to act to much like Jason of the original show.

So far I think the best episode was the Light house. They got some good stuff there.
And they really don't seem to mind debunking a so called haunting if they can.
So do you think its fake?? Who knows it is a TV show that needs ratings.
xtrmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #7

"Ghost Hunters"

That was my point in the beginning. If they made three episodes and found nothing, the show would be over. So it makes me skeptical. Why do the lights have to be off? Are ghosts afraid of light? Why is it always at night? Ghosts don't exist in the daytime? Why are they always looking to feel and measure with a thermometer "cold spots" for proof of ghost presence yet looking with a thermal camera for "Hot spots" for proof of ghost presence? Which is it? cold or hot? How do you "dedicate" your life to looking for proof and then supposedly find evidence and then say ok lets pack it up and go home. You would kill to be there indefinately if it was actual proof to gain more evidence. So I do have serious doubts about a lot of it. It does make good tv though.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Holston\sHemi

"Ghost Hunters"

if you guys like the ghost hunters you need to watch A Haunting, a show that comes on the discovery channed. crazy stuff, actual recordings of voices and sounds and picturs. im watching it now actually.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #9

"Ghost Hunters"

yeah Rob.. that's a good show too..

I like GH... we watch it every week...

Tracey.. were you the one who mentioned the lighthouse??.. (I'll peek again in a sec).. that's the one where they have the chair moving on it's own, on camera right??.. Loved that one!

I love to watch them scare themselves into screaming and running... LOL
Her Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #10

"Ghost Hunters"

They saw some ghost looking thing walking up the spiral stairs in the lighthouse. dont remember which episode had the moving chair, coulda been the same one, but that was awesome too.
FAhemiST is offline   Reply With Quote

« Last night | Site »