Forum maintenance notification... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-25-2005, 08:04 AM   #1
Director Emeritus

Garage
Forum maintenance notification...

This just in from the folks who host our forum (if you don't want to read the whole thing, the bottom line is the forum's search option will be slow to non-existent from midnight 29 March to approximately midnight 30 March (PST)).

"The next version of eve, 1.2.7, is ready to be deployed to your site. This update has some major changes/improvements to the way eve handles searches. Because of this, the upgrade process involves some fairly major data conversion and reindexing.

When we perform the upgrade, the conversion process may result in some slowness for your site. We will be performing the upgrades *overnight*, when most sites have very little traffic, but we just want to make sure
you are aware that some slowness may occur while the upgrade is in progress.

After the upgrade is complete, we will then have to reindex your site, and while the re-indexing is happening, all search features will be completely unavailable. Search may be unavailable for up to 12-24 hours, depending on how long it takes to reindex the sites on a given server.

This is definitely an unusual upgrade in that so much back end processing must occur, but we hope that the improvements that make search more reliable make it worthwhile.

We have your site scheduled for upgrade on Wednesday morning, starting at midnight Pacific, March 30th.

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 09:22 AM   #2

Thanks for the heads up, MrHemi.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #3

Does anyone have a back-up to the site just in case?
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage

Yeah... we're covered. Thanks for asking though Bones! How's the heart doing these days?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:12 AM   #5

It would be good if they could include auto picture resizing we get some biggins here
5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Ya, thanks for the heads up. I dont use the search feature too much, but now I guss I will! LOL
Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #7
Director Emeritus

Garage

The "New since your last visit" option is the way to go... you don't have to sift through all the categories looking for new posts. This search option gives you all the latest posts on one page.
For those who are new here - go to "Find" on the blue toolbar, then click "New since your last visit". Each time you log in it automatically refreshes.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

OH, that search option. LOL< I use that every day. That and the karma, new members search.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #9

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MrHemi:
Yeah... we're covered. Thanks for asking though Bones! How's the heart doing these days?
I had my first follow-up after being discharged yesterday, and the surgeons feel I'm doing well enough to return to work next Monday! I feel great but it's killing me sitting here all day long looking at my dirty HEMI and not being able to do anything about it! Still another couple of weeks before I'm allowed to drive, but this too shall pass!!!
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:54 PM   #10

That's good news Bones!!!

Just take it easy you'll be back to normal in no time
ssychomama is offline   Reply With Quote