Hemi Truck Club banner

for you deer hunters

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  boedacres 
#1 ·
I spotted this on my way home from dinner last night. was standing on the tracks by the house 1/2 white 1/2 brown doe.
sorry its the best my phone can do but you can zoom in and get a better look.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Had two young does standing in the road on the way home around noon... I hate deer!

#7 ·
catch it on trail cam :thumb: that is really cool!

#10 ·
Missouri Dept. of Conservation Thanks for sending your picture! This condition is sometimes referred to as “piebald.” The more technical term would be “leucistic” or “partial leucism.” Basically, it is a recessive genetic condition that results in a reduction or absence of all skin pigments. Deer with this condition may be almost entirely white or like in the case of this deer be partially white. It is different than albinism, which is also a genetic condition (but it is the result of the absence of only the pigment melanin). Piebald deer are rare, but we do get reports of them periodically. --Heather@MDC

#12 ·
I was on my bike when I hit my last deer (small) and still I got a sprain ankle out of the deal. damn deer....

#13 ·
I have hit two deer in my life time. Had a 97 suburban hit one on the left side cost me 2 grand to fix it. fender, hood ,grill and headlight three weeks later hit one on the rt side fender hood and light Im always on the look out now. Im just glad it wasn't painted yet after the first one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.