Hemi Truck Club banner

Flash back to 1970

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
Here’s a little pick me up for today. How many do you remember?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

Some familiar faces.
In 1970, John Wayne hosted a variety show celebrating America's history. Included in the cast were the following (some were uncredited): Ann Margret , Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, Dan Blocker, Roscoe Lee Browne, George Burns, Owen Bush, James Caldwell, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Bing Crosby, Phyllis Diller, Edward Faulkner, Lorne Greene, Harry Hickox, Celeste Holm, Bob Hope, Kay E. Kuter, Michael Landon, Forrest Lewis, Dean Martin, Dick Martin, Ross Martin, Greg Morris, Ricky & David Nelson, Hugh O'Brian, Dan Rowan, William Shatner, Orville Sherman, Red Skelton, Tom Smothers, Leslie Uggams, Jesse Vint, John Wayne, Patrick Wayne, Dennis Weaver, Dan White, Hal Williams, The Doodletown Pipers. The closing piece featured many of the show's guests. Enjoy!

#2 ·
On a side note, growing up I always thought her name was "Lucy O'Ball" lol

#7 ·
New Zealand didnt get televison until 1962. I was already a fan of John Wayne western movies and all the rest of what hollyWood could offer, television opened up a cornucopia of entertainment i have never recovered from. It helped cement my life long love of all things American.

#9 ·
Friday 8.17am. Hi Doug. I meant to thankyou for posting that clip but in my excitment i forgot. Back then American television programes opened the floodgates of the world for me and the advent of the internet has made possible my jaunts down memory lane along with the realisation I'm getting old.
I have good days and bad days recovering from my experience and it doesnt help having become a walking skeleton. I lost over 30kilo's and I'm having problems trying to put it back. I'm as weak as a kitten and still dont have any taste or saliva glands back yet so eating is a pain. Plus its winter here and bloody cold. i sit by the wood fire just happy to be warm. Its blowing a southerly gale and raining hard here today. I think i might watch some old episodes of "The Blue Knight' with George Kennedy.

#10 ·
:) Good to know your getting better and yes getting old sucks. I know what you mean about weight....I'm nothing but skin and bones with a pot belly. Guess it's my DrPeppers. :) Doctor told me last week I had gout but when the blood work came back he was wrong...arthritis. Just as painful but I "think" the treatment options are a lot better. We'll see!
Take care and stop by and say "Hi" more often. Oh...I could use some of your cold weather. This weeks forecast is 100+° for the next 7 days. Above normal but still pretty typical. Did I say I hate hot weather?
Take care!

#11 ·
Here’s a little pick me up for today. How many do you remember?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

Some familiar faces.
In 1970, John Wayne hosted a variety show celebrating America's history. Included in the cast were the following (some were uncredited): Ann Margret , Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, Dan Blocker, Roscoe Lee Browne, George Burns, Owen Bush, James Caldwell, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Bing Crosby, Phyllis Diller, Edward Faulkner, Lorne Greene, Harry Hickox, Celeste Holm, Bob Hope, Kay E. Kuter, Michael Landon, Forrest Lewis, Dean Martin, Dick Martin, Ross Martin, Greg Morris, Ricky & David Nelson, Hugh O'Brian, Dan Rowan, William Shatner, Orville Sherman, Red Skelton, Tom Smothers, Leslie Uggams, Jesse Vint, John Wayne, Patrick Wayne, Dennis Weaver, Dan White, Hal Williams, The Doodletown Pipers. The closing piece featured many of the show's guests. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------
:SWEET1:
Glad I went back and caught this one :thumb:

:dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.