Flash back to 1970 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 08-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Flash back to 1970

Here’s a little pick me up for today. How many do you remember?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

Some familiar faces.
In 1970, John Wayne hosted a variety show celebrating America's history. Included in the cast were the following (some were uncredited): Ann Margret , Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, Dan Blocker, Roscoe Lee Browne, George Burns, Owen Bush, James Caldwell, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Bing Crosby, Phyllis Diller, Edward Faulkner, Lorne Greene, Harry Hickox, Celeste Holm, Bob Hope, Kay E. Kuter, Michael Landon, Forrest Lewis, Dean Martin, Dick Martin, Ross Martin, Greg Morris, Ricky & David Nelson, Hugh O'Brian, Dan Rowan, William Shatner, Orville Sherman, Red Skelton, Tom Smothers, Leslie Uggams, Jesse Vint, John Wayne, Patrick Wayne, Dennis Weaver, Dan White, Hal Williams, The Doodletown Pipers. The closing piece featured many of the show's guests. Enjoy!

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Ramless Member

Garage
On a side note, growing up I always thought her name was "Lucy O'Ball" lol

2015 Harley Iron 883 Daddy's toy

2014 Focus SE sedan 2.0L gas-sipping gokart for the wife and kid

07 QCSB HEMI 3.92 LSD 2WD-- gone but never forgotten.

Ramsey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
John

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCHER View Post
Here’s a little pick me up for today. How many do you remember?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203900770857211

Some familiar faces.
In 1970, John Wayne hosted a variety show celebrating America's history. Included in the cast were the following (some were uncredited): Ann Margret , Lucille Ball, Jack Benny, Dan Blocker, Roscoe Lee Browne, George Burns, Owen Bush, James Caldwell, Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash, Roy Clark, Bing Crosby, Phyllis Diller, Edward Faulkner, Lorne Greene, Harry Hickox, Celeste Holm, Bob Hope, Kay E. Kuter, Michael Landon, Forrest Lewis, Dean Martin, Dick Martin, Ross Martin, Greg Morris, Ricky & David Nelson, Hugh O'Brian, Dan Rowan, William Shatner, Orville Sherman, Red Skelton, Tom Smothers, Leslie Uggams, Jesse Vint, John Wayne, Patrick Wayne, Dennis Weaver, Dan White, Hal Williams, The Doodletown Pipers. The closing piece featured many of the show's guests. Enjoy!
We NEED more of this kind of patriotism in our country, or it will cease to exist.

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #5

Garage
Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #6

Garage
Aww. Now you done made me cry. AGAIN!

Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
tui

Garage
New Zealand didnt get televison until 1962. I was already a fan of John Wayne western movies and all the rest of what hollyWood could offer, television opened up a cornucopia of entertainment i have never recovered from. It helped cement my life long love of all things American.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tui View Post
New Zealand didnt get televison until 1962. I was already a fan of John Wayne western movies and all the rest of what hollyWood could offer, television opened up a cornucopia of entertainment i have never recovered from. It helped cement my life long love of all things American.
Glad you liked it Mark. Hope your doing better. Don't see much of you these days.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #9
tui

Garage
Friday 8.17am. Hi Doug. I meant to thankyou for posting that clip but in my excitment i forgot. Back then American television programes opened the floodgates of the world for me and the advent of the internet has made possible my jaunts down memory lane along with the realisation I'm getting old.
I have good days and bad days recovering from my experience and it doesnt help having become a walking skeleton. I lost over 30kilo's and I'm having problems trying to put it back. I'm as weak as a kitten and still dont have any taste or saliva glands back yet so eating is a pain. Plus its winter here and bloody cold. i sit by the wood fire just happy to be warm. Its blowing a southerly gale and raining hard here today. I think i might watch some old episodes of "The Blue Knight' with George Kennedy.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tui View Post
Friday 8.17am. Hi Doug. I meant to thankyou for posting that clip but in my excitment i forgot. Back then American television programes opened the floodgates of the world for me and the advent of the internet has made possible my jaunts down memory lane along with the realisation I'm getting old.
I have good days and bad days recovering from my experience and it doesnt help having become a walking skeleton. I lost over 30kilo's and I'm having problems trying to put it back. I'm as weak as a kitten and still dont have any taste or saliva glands back yet so eating is a pain. Plus its winter here and bloody cold. i sit by the wood fire just happy to be warm. Its blowing a southerly gale and raining hard here today. I think i might watch some old episodes of "The Blue Knight' with George Kennedy.
Good to know your getting better and yes getting old sucks. I know what you mean about weight....I'm nothing but skin and bones with a pot belly. Guess it's my DrPeppers. Doctor told me last week I had gout but when the blood work came back he was wrong...arthritis. Just as painful but I "think" the treatment options are a lot better. We'll see!
Take care and stop by and say "Hi" more often. Oh...I could use some of your cold weather. This weeks forecast is 100+° for the next 7 days. Above normal but still pretty typical. Did I say I hate hot weather?
Take care!