Hemi Truck Club banner

Flag Day Celebration

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  HemiFun05 
#1 ·
As some of you know July 14th is Flag Day in America. In honor of that it would be nice to see how you fly your flags....

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Doc couldn't get his pictures to post from his phone so I'm posting them for him. His flag pole is 85' tall and lighted with 3,000 watts of light...
He didn't tell me how tall the Texas flag is. :)

I appreciate your help with the pictures and the posting write-up :D.
It's easy to see that I'm a 'flag nut' :smitten:. Hope to see other fellow HTC members picture postings with the same affliction :coolsmiley:.
PS: Texas flag is at about 30 feet - homemade drill stem pole cantilevered and counter-balanced for access. I have to use a 90 foot crane truck to change the American flag :eek:.
Looking forward to seeing those folks that can make it to Nashville in just a few days :dance:.

Thanks again,
:thumb:

#4 ·
85' flag pole! :eek: WOW! Mine is only 20'

Yes I'm suffering from flag pole envy right now. :lol:

Sky Plant Building Property Window

#10 ·
Where are all of our military peeps? I know you all still fly the stars and stripes.
:patriot::patriot:

#11 ·
Ya know I would if I could. Just one small problem, we are currently in AZ to celebrate "Father's Day" with my dad and our flag is in Colorado. I haven't decided, yet, if I want to mount the bracket on the fascia, which is 10 to 12' above the ground, or buy a small flagpole. Something about heights, ladders and windy days don't agree with me and drilling any holes in that stucco, below the fascia, is definitely out of the question according to SWMBO. Hmmmmm?

BTW Great photos!!!

#12 ·
Hey Jim. Get you a telescoping pole like I have. No ladders, no ropes (halyards) banging in the wind and easy to raise and lower. Plus you can take it up easy. You put a piece of PVC that comes with it in the ground, cement it in and if you need to take it out it just slips out. IF you put one of the solar ring lights on it it's light no matter which way the wind blows. Couple of hundred best I remember...made from spun aluminum.

#15 ·
Nice. :thumb::thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.