FARMERS INS SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #1

Give you an idea of flocked up they are:

My accident/damage happened on the 20th:

http://hemitruckclub.infopop.c...0098252/m/8151002426

They were originally notified the same afternoon, I got the paperwork from CHP and faxed Farmers a copy on the 21st. They told me their claims section is gonna want to look at the truck before it can go into the shop and also need to see a copy of the estimate. The next day I got this and had it faxed to my local ins place and they faxed it to their claims person. HE calls me on late Thursday afternoon saying he'd let me know on Friday on the situation, bastard never called. This morning, about 10 am, after I had called my local ins place he calls me telling me that I can take it to the shop, that they don't need to see it but that he's made a couple changes to the claim:

1. No special paint, they have to use the Mfg's paint number. Problem with this is that Dodge took my paint code and reassigned it to the new Challengers and used their Tangerine Orange as that paint code, they don't make touch up paint for my truck anymore. They can NOT use a glitter paint on my truck!

2. Any over spray, also known as dusting, can not be polished off of my truck. Meaning that if any overspray is on my painted areas, they will not pay for it to be polished off.

What in all holy friggin hell is this kind of bullshit?

Go ManGo Orange is a special edition paint, Dodge doesn't make it anymore and unless the painter can come up with and match my paint, it will NOT look the same!

And what the flock about the overspray, I'm supposed to enjoy my repaired truck looking like some piece of **** out of a poor Maco Paint Job?

Where in the hell do they decide that I have to pay $168 a year ** EXTRA in order to have OEM parts used on my truck if needed?

Where in the holy hell do they come up with the fact that if I don't take my truck to one of THEIR cheap *** FLY BY NIGHT body shops that do shitty work then I don't qualify to get a rental car while my truck is being repaired?

WHAT KIND OF HORSE **** ARE INSURANCE COMPANIES COMING TO?

They **** us for years when we don't have any accidents or problems and they get their rocks off in the money we pay them, and when something does happen they give us the **** end of the stick and screw us over big time?

Some how some way I'm going back to AAA like I had before where I wasn't charged anything extra and my truck would have been done by now and I would have had a rental to use in the mean time!

I can't even get my truck into a body shop now till Monday NEXT **** WEEK and then it will take them 3 to 5 days to get it back to me!

So it will be almost 3 weeks since the damage/accident before I can get it back - hopefully?

NEVER THE **** AGAIN! SCREW FARMERS!

Screw it, this crap is going onto FaceBook as well!

ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #2

Give you an idea of flocked up they are:

My accident/damage happened on the 20th:

http://hemitruckclub.infopop.c...0098252/m/8151002426

They were originally notified the same afternoon, I got the paperwork from CHP and faxed Farmers a copy on the 21st. They told me their claims section is gonna want to look at the truck before it can go into the shop and also need to see a copy of the estimate. The next day I got this and had it faxed to my local ins place and they faxed it to their claims person. HE calls me on late Thursday afternoon saying he'd let me know on Friday on the situation, bastard never called. This morning, about 10 am, after I had called my local ins place he calls me telling me that I can take it to the shop, that they don't need to see it but that he's made a couple changes to the claim:

1. No special paint, they have to use the Mfg's paint number. Problem with this is that Dodge took my paint code and reassigned it to the new Challengers and used their Tangerine Orange as that paint code, they don't make touch up paint for my truck anymore. They can NOT use a glitter paint on my truck!

2. Any over spray, also known as dusting, can not be polished off of my truck. Meaning that if any overspray is on my painted areas, they will not pay for it to be polished off.

What in all holy friggin hell is this kind of bullshit?

Go ManGo Orange is a special edition paint, Dodge doesn't make it anymore and unless the painter can come up with and match my paint, it will NOT look the same!

And what the flock about the overspray, I'm supposed to enjoy my repaired truck looking like some piece of **** out of a poor Maco Paint Job?

Where in the hell do they decide that I have to pay $168 a year ** EXTRA in order to have OEM parts used on my truck if needed?

Where in the holy hell do they come up with the fact that if I don't take my truck to one of THEIR cheap *** FLY BY NIGHT body shops that do shitty work then I don't qualify to get a rental car while my truck is being repaired?

WHAT KIND OF HORSE **** ARE INSURANCE COMPANIES COMING TO?

They ** us for years when we don't have any accidents or problems and they get their rocks off in the money we pay them, and when something does happen they give us the **** end of the stick and screw us over big time?

Some how some way I'm going back to AAA like I had before where I wasn't charged anything extra and my truck would have been done by now and I would have had a rental to use in the mean time!

I can't even get my truck into a body shop now till Monday NEXT ** WEEK and then it will take them 3 to 5 days to get it back to me!

So it will be almost 3 weeks since the damage/accident before I can get it back - hopefully?

NEVER THE ** AGAIN! SCREW FARMERS!

Screw it, this crap is going onto FaceBook as well!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #3

srry bout your troubles with ins......anyways 20 yrs with ameriprise never had a problem with claims.
BlackRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #4

I had 20+ yrs with CSAA (AAA) and the only problem I had with them was the cost, that's why we moved to the same people we have on the house - BIG MISTAKE

Wish I knew then what I know now

Old 09-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about the problem with the paint.

My truck should have been ready at the body shop today. Tuesday the 20th they were touching up one of the bed sides. Not sure if they had to paint it or just wet sand and clear it again. Needs to cure for about a week before they install the decals. Should have it back today.

Last summer when I had to have the rear bumper replaced the paint shop had no issues with a color match and as far as I know they used the paint code from the truck and it matched perfect.
Different shops for each.

Not sure why your AAA would be so expensive. I have tried all these so called low cost places and they were higher than AAA for the same coverage levels. I also had really good luck with Allstate. When I wrecked my bike they didn't even need a police report, just fixed it. Didn't even ask or car about me not having a motorcycle license.

Parents have their cars and their house and retal properties all with AAA. Houses used to be with another company. Saved like 15-20% on all of it by putting everything under AAA.
2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / Night Runner 22"s / Auburn limited slip / 2-4 Drop/ Edelbrock mid-length headers / Custom True Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq / Summit Racing Underdrive / Trango Shift kit / Edge Racing TC / Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock / EVS II with Sentry key and remote start / Alpine, Orion, and Kicker custom stereo / SilverStar headlights and foglights / Optima Yellow Top / AEM Wideband in SRT-10 Pillar / Retrax Bed Cover / Spray in Bed Liner

Bill_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
Director Emeritus

Garage
Sorry to hear this

Keep us posted on your progress just the same... and
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #7

Garage
Sorry to hear this, we'vr had Farmer's for over 15 years and all 3 of the claims we've had have been handled extremely well.

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #8
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #9

My suggestion:
Hire an INDEPENDENT CERTIFIED claims adjuster with no connection to the companies.
The 'company man' is just that - working for the company. I've seen numerous home damage claims low-balled and the owner gets it in the ***. It may cost you a little up front but you're much more likely to receive fair compensation for your damage and claim.

HemiFun05
"Doc"
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Call your agent. Tell him what the deal is and if he doesn't take care of it he'll loose your business. Farmers has always been a bear to work with.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote