dont laugh - work in progress - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 03-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #1

dont laugh - work in progress

here is what I have come up with so far with the duel air intake - added a stage 1 intake - split the tubes on both sides but as I asked about in a past topic the left side covers the oil fill - is tilted so can be removed but a pain - also the dip stick is a little tricky to get out but can be done - I can hear it pulling in the air BIG TIME when stepping on it and can feel it in the seat so I know it has to be working - I have put ruffly 50 miles on it so far and know I will have to pull the # 23 fuse after about 200 to get it back to the way it is now.

This is where I come to all you HEMI nuts out there - What do you think ???? like I said its a work in progress so I am now looking for a longer tube to run from the "y" intake into the throttle body to move it out past the oil fill and another stage one to run the filters down into the same area as the AFE intake except on both sides.

2004flameredHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #2

here is a second picture from the other side

thanks for the input to come
Old 03-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #3

SWEEET! You should be in Texas, looks like the bull horns on the front of a caddy! Looks Good!
MoneyHSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage

Hey it's all about uniqueness and more importantly, it's what makes you happy! I think it's pretty cool looking
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage

If it's shiney and it works it must be great.. All you need is an SRT hood and about a dozen RED LED's under the hood.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #6

I purchased a setup like that off of ebay, for my Durango...like you, I loved the sound of it...and it made a big difference !! Looks great !!
SoMDHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #7
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

What kind of MPG are you seeing? Do you think you are truly getting cooler air, or just more air?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #8

You got my vote!!!!!!!
HEMI-LAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #9

It would be interesting to see if you could extend those all the way down to the foglight holes.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #10

thanks for the kind words guys - like I said MR.H a work in progress

Money - looks like the bull horns on the front of a caddy- I just wish I could curl them around like the RAM - now there is an idea

I fell it has made a BIG diff in the feel of power in the truck - before I would step on the gas and it would go and go nice but now I hit the gas and I notice a much more power - not sure if its because I want to but I sure do pass a bunch of slow pokes really fast and smiling all the way !!!!

Rancher - what color is your hood ? - could you just let me try it on to see how it works ????? PLEASE ????? Would like to get one but kind of want to keep the outside stock - make it a sleeper - plus so many mods - so little cash.

As far as MPG - not to sure yet I will be tracking that starting in the am - need to fill up - there goes another 50 bucks but its SO FREAKIN FUN to drive.

Freeze - that is my main idea - its the oil fill and stick that are in the way so I am looking to tweek it a little more - Planning on getting a 3" tube to push the duel a little farther out from the throttle body to see if I can get the pipe to run down between instead of over the oil fill - time shall tell - the passenger side is doable down to the bummper like the AFE just need to get the driver side to work then I will be happy

Once again - Thanks for the support - its great to have a place to get ideas from and ask questions and not feel like an idiot all the time.