Deep fried Turkey!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #1

Well i Deep fried my first Turkey. And happy to report i did'nt blow it up! . Definatly would do it again, very tasty.. Had no idea what i been missing out on all these years!

NashvilleHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #2

Well i Deep fried my first Turkey. And happy to report i did'nt blow it up! . Definatly would do it again, very tasty.. Had no idea what i been missing out on all these years!

Old 11-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
It's hard to beat a deep fired turkey. We've been enjoying them for years. I thought it was a redneck thing.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
"Bob"

Garage
Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
tui

Garage
I've never had turkey deep fried or otherwise. Its not a meat which is part of our culture.
But Scotch eggs. now theres a story. Hard boilded eggs wrapped in sausage meat and deep fried. My Mum was a champion and Thats the stuff i would kill for. Metaphorically speaking of course.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by NashvilleHemi:

Jim what size fryer do u need for that ?
2003 Silver Ram 2500 Moose SLT QC/LB 4x4 | NV4500-HD 5Speed Manual trans | Tow pkg | Centerline dual friction clutch| 3.73 LS |Borla dual catback |Bilstein Shocks| Billet Grill | 15% Win Tint | Bushwacker color matched flares| Pwr adjustable petals |Superchip| Mopar wheel liners |Ramhammer intake| Mopar alum fuel door | MSD Blaster coils & 8.5 ignition wires |SS nerf bars | Chrome ext handles | Atm graphite tails |Silverstar bulbs| Hurst alum T handle shifter| B&D Short throw Shift kit|

5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 AM   #7

Garage
Stan, most sporting goods stores and alot of major dept. stores will stock deep fryer kits for tukey frying that will include the fryer and the injector and flavoring, and the kit will list the size turkey that it will handle.
My B-I-L watching over this years bird.

HEMI's and Wings
Nothing better for a Sunday Drive

Homemade front tilt hood with mini MOPAR Pro Stock Style hood scoop, Self made air intake, Carr Hoops steps, Glasscapes window treatment, AVS chrome taillight covers and in channel visors, custom dual exhaust with Dyno Max muffler and cutouts, custom 'hockey stick' graphics, SportMaster Tonnue cover,ECCO 80w Corner strobe Kit, VR3 Back up camera system, MOPAR Rear wheel well liners, Superchips3815,purple neon underbody kit and windshield washer LED's

Phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by 5SpeedHemi:
Quote:
The one i got fries up to 18lb Turkey!! I only had an 8 1/2 lb turkey breast bc its just me and the wife!!

Jim what size fryer do u need for that ?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by tui:
I've never had turkey deep fried or otherwise. Its not a meat which is part of our culture.
But Scotch eggs. now theres a story. Hard boilded eggs wrapped in sausage meat and deep fried. My Mum was a champion and Thats the stuff i would kill for. Metaphorically speaking of course.
How do you get the meat to stay on the egg?
It's hard to beat a turkey deep fried in peanut oil. I don't even remember what size my fryer is but it takes several gallons of oil to fill the thing.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:

The one i got fries up to 18lb Turkey!! I only had an 8 1/2 lb turkey breast bc its just me and the wife!!
guess our 27 pounder would not fit?

I ate some deep fried turkey once a few years back and yep it was good, but standing over a boiling pot for 3hrs does not sound like fun to me.

i say that because i spoke with a buddy today that said he did his 13lb in 45mins... so it would take multiple 13 lb turkeys to satisfy our craving......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06208_s.jpg (131.4 KB, 33 views)

2013 Ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn True Blue Pearl, Amsoil, Re-trax, Bedrug
2003 4x4 LB QC CAI, SC, Amsoil, Shorties, LED tails. GONE but never forgotten.

Member # 1450
nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote