Crickets - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #1

That's all I hear in here anymore!? What happened? To me it's also dispointing that folks seemed to have lost the passion for their trucks or vehicles in general. It seems there is more discussions on random topics than what started this in the first place, hemi trucks. Just my 2 cents but I come here for truck stuff.

I do have a suggestion for Mr. Hemi and the crew. I would suggest actually reducing the number of Topics. Its great that there are so many, but they are so specific there is really a ton of them! Also, have the front page be just of all the recent posts to whatever topic, that I think would increase the chances of someone responding to something. Challenger talk does this and it has been succesful.

Just my 2 cents. Mr. Hemi, thanks for all that you do.

2011 Challenger SRT8 Green with Envy 6spd

StanCab05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #2

That's all I hear in here anymore!? What happened? To me it's also dispointing that folks seemed to have lost the passion for their trucks or vehicles in general. It seems there is more discussions on random topics than what started this in the first place, hemi trucks. Just my 2 cents but I come here for truck stuff.

I do have a suggestion for Mr. Hemi and the crew. I would suggest actually reducing the number of Topics. Its great that there are so many, but they are so specific there is really a ton of them! Also, have the front page be just of all the recent posts to whatever topic, that I think would increase the chances of someone responding to something. Challenger talk does this and it has been succesful.

Just my 2 cents. Mr. Hemi, thanks for all that you do.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Greg

Garage
Ok John, tell us what you are doing with your truck these days. If you read down the more recent posts you will see more than a few have set personal best which is always rewarding. Seems to me there is plenty going on, hang in there buddy.

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
Mr. Freeze

Garage
StanCab05: You need to browse the Florida Chapter sometime.

VA4MEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage

Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #6

Today a buddy helped me install a Jet 180 thermostat, a sonnax LP booster and finally did the 03 TMR delete mod. I am still learning my way around the mechanical side of things. I love this forum for the wealth of knowledge and experience I can glean from. Kudos to all my hemi brethren especially the 03 guys.

OLD RIDE 2003 Dodge Ram Hemi 4x4 QC
Graphite Metallic SRT-10 Hood
Magnaflow Y-pipe and 14 inch Muffler Jet 180 Thermostat
K&N CAI Sonnax LP Booster
DS Predator 93 Tune TB Spacer
Taylor Shorties NGK 5306 Plugs
03 TMR Delete Mod
prod646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I'm not sure what your saying. The lack of participation is very disappointing to all us us. Some of us have spent years here. Upgrading or modifying our trucks is what it use to all be about. It's more than that to many of us now.
If you'll look at most of the Topics on the main Forum page you'll quickly notice that no one is posting. When the economy tanked so did a lot of members ability to do what they wanted to their trucks.
The General Discussion Section has been a place to talk about any and everything that doesn't have a specific section. If your wanting to see just what's new try clicking on the "Find" and then "New Since Your Last Visit". That eliminates going through the topics your not interested in.
Many of us are hoping that next year will bring changes to a lot of things and increase the ability of folks to get back to work on their trucks....just my $.02 worth.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #8

Thanks Rancher, yeah I'm voting for Romney too!

Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
tui

Garage
My Ram is the only Dodge truck for miles around. i love it the way it is and though an 04 model its what we call a HEAD TURNER down this neck of the woods. Some days I have to repeat myself a dozen times when i go to town because people want to talk.

i just clocked up 45000miles last week so i reckon I'll hit a 100 before the truck.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
Greg

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by tui:
My Ram is the only Dodge truck for miles around. i love it the way it is and though an 04 model its what we call a HEAD TURNER down this neck of the woods. Some days I have to repeat myself a dozen times when i go to town because people want to talk.

i just clocked up 45000miles last week so i reckon I'll hit a 100 before the truck.
Mark, indeed they are head turners. Last month when I was in Manila there was a 98 Ram that pulled in. We just don't see the Dodges here and everyone was looking at it and asking questions. Actually great fun...

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote