Conoco fuel - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 04-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #1

Conoco fuel

Not sure what the scope of this problem is, but avoid Conoco fuel (assuming you don't already).

I was bone dry yesterday leaving for work and had no choice but to stop at the nearest station (Conoco). I made it 15 miles before the engine hydrolocked on me at a leisurely 120 mph - water in the fuel. Damn glad this was in my bike, which I can fix really easily myself. Had it been the HEMI I'd be ripping somebody's lungs out. I was stranded on the left shoulder of Beltway 8 (the Houston audobahn) for over an hour.

I heard a little blurb about it on the radio this morning, but I can't seem to find anymore info. The news said it was only at a single station, which wasn't the one I filled up at, so obviously they have no idea of the magnitiude of the problem either.

Motohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2005, 05:12 PM   #2

Conoco fuel

Sorry to hear about your bike - glad it was'nt your truck though. This was on the news last night about a gas station that was selling watered down gas, but like you said it was to be an "Isolated" case, and the owner swore up and down that he was going to take care of his customers. Hope you have your gas receipt, make the station pay for your new bike engine. Rips me up all the high prices and sophisticated machinery it takes to break down the petroleum for a useful fuel and some moron forgets to put the lid on a tanker and gets contaminated, he probably even got a raise for having more volume than what they paid for anyway good luck RR.
Daytona Ryder 845 is offline   Reply With Quote