Come on folks! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I know not everyone is sitting at home everyday in front of the TV every day. Someone has to be doing something interesting. The few of us left need to get busy doing something or we want have HTC to spend time on. Our new owners need to know that there is a membership out there. Looking at the sections there isn't squat going on.
Go cut a Christmas tree, just take a drive and shoot a few pictures of the fall foliage or something. Even our hunters are not posting pictures or telling us about their trips. Go through some old threads that haven't been archived yet..."Memorable HTC Photos", our Military Section's old pictures. Make a comment or add a picture.
We're going to die from lack of interest and that's a shame.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I know not everyone is sitting at home everyday in front of the TV every day. Someone has to be doing something interesting. The few of us left need to get busy doing something or we want have HTC to spend time on. Our new owners need to know that there is a membership out there. Looking at the sections there isn't squat going on.
Go cut a Christmas tree, just take a drive and shoot a few pictures of the fall foliage or something. Even our hunters are not posting pictures or telling us about their trips. Go through some old threads that haven't been archived yet..."Memorable HTC Photos", our Military Section's old pictures. Make a comment or add a picture.
We're going to die from lack of interest and that's a shame.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Stu

Garage
Ok, ok Doug..........

http://hemitruckclub.infopop.c...0029252/m/7141051446

Sending the Mod Monkey over to your house Doug.
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Garage
My day starts with a great cup of coffee, some ESPN, and the HTC site.

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I agree! Just that my "Things To Do" has less excitement than watching paint dry. I haven't attended a cruise nite or a car show for going on...?...Well I can't even remember when (Not that anyone would want to read about that). I haven't even slapped the truck into gear going on two weeks. I could talk about going into a famous electronic/appliance store and buying a new 32GB SD for my new smartphone on black Friday. Whoops! Well, there goes that story...Seriously, my days for the most part is getting out of bed, going for a three mile walk, putzing around the house or a few furniture stores dream shopping, taking the dogs for a walk, going for another three mile walk, watching tv and going to bed. I keep hoping, everyday, for the marching orders to go back to Colorado for some construction discussion over finalizing the numbers. That hasn't even happened...yet......If I didn't have to wait for the marching orders, I would be in Texas helping someone to chop down some deadwood.

* I would talk about politics, but that last one.....thieving government...grrrrrrr!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost03hemi:
Ok, ok Doug..........

http://hemitruckclub.infopop.c...0029252/m/7141051446

Sending the Mod Monkey over to your house Doug.
Yep I know the Florida chapter is alive and well but that's about it. I think we have/had over 700 members and there are 3 of us that post at all.

And Jim I think anything is better than nothing. Some of us don't have car shows to go to. I've even posted pictures of the dead trees to try to get someone to thinking about something they have to do or contend with. Starting to rebuild a fence today..I think. That's about as interesting as watching paint dry too. I could use the help on the dead wood or the fence. I have 4,400 pounds of rough cut 5/4"X6"X16' on one of my trailers wanting to get put up before they start warping, and the joy of digging holes I'm sure would inspire someone....not!
We just need to spark an interest in something and pictures are always a plus to me.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

I think HTC needs some custom Christmas stockings.

Jim, at six miles a day you should get to Texas in no time. See you about June.

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #8
KEN

Garage
Maybe we can get everyone to post pictures of their Christmas trees,that will be going up soon. Linda has already started on ours,pictures to follow
_
BAMA-HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #9

Garage
I'm in...will be picking up the tree soon!

2006 1500 Quad Cab "Lone Star" Edition.

As a courtesy to the other drivers, this is what a HEMI looks like from the front.
dodhem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Studmuffin:
I think HTC needs some custom Christmas stockings.

Jim, at six miles a day you should get to Texas in no time. See you about June.