Bummer! And yes it is a miracle that nobody was killed. Looks like some dummy with a grill caused it.
Fire personnel are unable to determine an official cause to the fire that destroyed a Branson condominium complex, but suspect a barbecue grill may have played a role.
Video evidence indicates the fire began on a balcony of the Majestic at Table Rock, but officials can’t determine the exact cause of the damage, said Assistant Chief Jim Single with the Western Taney County Fire Protection District. The state fire marshal has closed his investigation.
“There is evidence that the fire started on one of the balconies,” Single said. “We can’t rule out that it wasn’t a barbecue grill that was on one of the balconies.”
“By fire code, barbecue grills on unsprinkled decks on a multifamily structure are not permitted,” Single said.