1. Only 16% of women are natural born blondes. Yet, 33% of women are blondes.
2. Our sun releases more energy in one second than all the energy used by mankind since the beginning of creation.
3. Napoleon Bonaparte estimated that the stones used in the construction of the pyramids of Egypt would have been enough to build a great wall around all France.
4. The letter 'J' is the only letter which does not appear in the periodic table.
5. The easiest way to identify a carnivore animal from an herbivore one is by its eyes. Carnivores (dogs, lions, etc.) have their eyes located in the front of their heads, thereby facilitating them to find their food. Herbivores' eyes (vegetarian such as birds, rabbits, etc.) are located on the sides of their heads (birds, rabbits, etc.) which helps them detect the proximity of predators.
6. A person blinks approximately 25,000 times in a week.
7. CDs were designed to store 72 minutes of music to coincide with the duration of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
8. It has been confirmed that cigarettes are the one subject of largest research, investigation and statistics.
9. Lightning kills more people than volcanic eruptions and earthquakes.
10. The strongest material created by nature is the cobweb.
11. The name 'HAL' in the film “2001: A Space Odyssey" was not chosen by chance. It is formed by the letters immediately preceding the letters of the acronym for IBM.
12. The microwave oven was created when an researcher, studying micro waves, observed that these had melted the chocolate bar he had in his trousers.
13. Russians answer the telephone by saying, "I'm listening."
14. 15% of American women send flowers to themselves on Valentine's Day.
15. Before WWII, New York's telephone directory listed 22 people with the last name of 'Hitler' but toward the end of WWII, not one remained on the directory with that name.
16. If we eradicated heart disease, cancer and diabetes, man's life expectancy would be 99.2 years.
17. Shakespeare's daughter was illiterate.
18. Before 1800, shoes for the left and the right foot were the same size.
19. Einstein was never a good student; he couldn't speak clearly until he was 9 and his parents feared he was mentally retarded.
20. The Atlantic ocean is saltier than the Pacific ocean.
21. Elephants are the only animals which have four knee caps.
22. One drop of petroleum can contaminate 25 liters of drinking water.
23. Every year, 98% of the atoms in the human body are replaced.
24. Sheep do not drink from moving water.
25. Ants don't sleep.
26. Mice do not vomit.
27. The cartoons of Donald Duck were censured in Finland because he did not wear pants.
28. A sneeze travels in your mouth at the rate of 965 km per hour.
29. There are only three types of animals which have blue tongues: Chow-Chow dogs, blue tongue alligators and black bears.
30. If a person drinks 100 cups of coffee in a four-hour period it can technically kill him..
31. A pound of French fries costs 200 times more than a pound of potatoes.
32. Blonde people have more hair than dark-haired people.
33. There are more automobiles in Los Angeles than people.
34. Research has shown that insects are attracted by people who have just eaten bananas.
35. Bugs Bunny was initially named Happy Rabbit when he first appeared in 1935.
36. The state with the most national parks is Alaska (8).
37. All the gondolas in Venice, Italy, are required to be painted black, except for the ones owned by prominent government officials.
38. The first movie with a sequel was King Kong made in 1933. The sequel's title was Son of Kong, released the same year.
39. It is possible to know the sex of a turtle by the sound it makes: males growl; females hiss.
40. The world's most common name is: Mohammed.
41. Napoleon Bonaparte was born with 26 teeth.
42. Dirty Harry's license plate is 2211.
43. On December 16, 1811, an earthquake caused the waters of the Mississippi river to flow in opposite direction.
44. In the USA, there are more plastic flamingos than real ones.
45. Cockroaches' favorite food is the glue in postage stamps.
46. Istambul is the only city in the world which lies in two different continents at the same time: Europe and Asia.
47. The average weight of an iceberg is 20,000,000 tons.
48. The original name for Luke Skywalker was Starkiller, but it was substituted to make it sound less violent.
49. The coat of arms of Colombia includes the map of Panama (once, part of its territory).
50. The speed of escape of earth's gravity is 11.7 Km. per second.
51. Dogs and cats, like humans, can be left or right handed.
52. Men use approximately 15,000 words per day; women, 30,000 words.
53. Months which start on a Monday always have a Friday the 13th.
54. Penguins don't fly because they are cold.
55. Kermit the frog's collar has nine points.
56. In the Disney movie, Fantasia, the wizard's name is Yensid -- which is 'Disney' spelled backwards..
57. The original Coca Cola bottle was green.
58. It is possible to make a cow go up stairs, but not to make her to come down.
59. The Hawaiian alphabet only has 12 letters.
60. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by just eliminating ONE olive in each salad served.
61. Hong Kong is the city with the most Rolls Royce per capita in the world.
62. 28% of África is wilderness.
63. 38% of the United States is wilderness.
64. Percent of US men who say they'd marry the same woman again if they had to remarry: 80%.
65. US women who say they'd marry the same man again if they had to remarry: 50%.
66. Number of celebrities traveling by air at any given hour on any given day: 61,000.
67. The cost of supporting a dog during its lifetime (average of eleven years): $6,400.
68. 70% of Americans have visited Disneyland or Disney World.
69. The average life of a ball in a professional baseball game is 7 throws.
70. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
71. The youngest known couple ever to become parents were eight and nine years old in China in 1910.
72. Iceland is the country that consumes more Coca Cola per capita than any other country in the world. Elche is the city that consumes more Coca Cola per capita worldwide.
73. The first novel ever written in a typewriter was “Tom Sawyer”.
Now don't you feel so much smarter.