Best and Worse Cars You Have Driven? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 12-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Best:

Odd as it may seem, this doesn't go to my current Ram. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy my Ram...I really do and it rates right up there! This goes to my 1977 D100. I had everything poured into this truck. This light-little scsb drove like a dream with plenty of zip! The amazing thing, while it had a four speed tacked up to a 3.92 ratio it would manage 17 around town...That is as long as I kept my foot out of the secondaries and the AFB was metered right.

Worst:

1988 Dodge Caravan ES. This thing was possessed! The new fuel pump might work or not. The steering might work or not. Same deal with the transmission. I had two, not one, but two headlight bulbs blow at the exact same time. The ac hose blew up in my face. It was possessed!

Old 12-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Best:

Odd as it may seem, this doesn't go to my current Ram. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy my Ram...I really do and it rates right up there! This goes to my 1977 D100. I had everything poured into this truck. This light-little scsb drove like a dream with plenty of zip! The amazing thing, while it had a four speed tacked up to a 3.92 ratio it would manage 17 around town...That is as long as I kept my foot out of the secondaries and the AFB was metered right.

Worst:

1988 Dodge Caravan ES. This thing was possessed! The new fuel pump might work or not. The steering might work or not. Same deal with the transmission. I had two, not one, but two headlight bulbs blow at the exact same time. The ac hose blew up in my face. It was possessed!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Farrrrrr East Coast

Garage
best would be my current ram, its the most comfortable and most powerful vehicle i owned, i love everything about it which is why this is my second one (at 23 ).

worst well its not mine its my girlfriends cobalt ss...its the sport not the supercharged has a 2.4 N/A....piece of crap....it now has 105000 kms, the ignition is gone, the park sensor and gearshift lever are broke, the front end was done twice and im doing brake jobs every 30k out of necessity not just to be on the safe side. not madder how many wheel alignments the tires wear unevenly and its had about 3 recalls. but its yellow and thats what she wanted

NewfieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Board of Directors

Garage
The best car I ever had was the 1977 VW Rabbit that was my daily driver and my autocross car. It was very reliable, easy to work on, and went around corners like it was on rails (on 3 wheels). I beat on that thing unmercifully and it always forgave me.

The worst was the 1960 Opel I owned when I was stationed in Germany. The steering was loose, it leaked, and finally it threw a rod on the Autobahn. That was the end of that.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #5

The best is my 2003 Jetta. I've had it for going on 8 years, and up till recently it's been perfectly reliable.

The worst was my first Jetta, a 1984. I bought it with 250K miles on it, it leaked oil form the valve cover, it burned oil like it was it's job, and the suspension was shot.

His: 2012 Tornado Red Jetta TDI

Hers: 2007 Jetta GLI Fahrenheit #638/1200

askibum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I have had more fun with my last three Hemi trucks than just about any vehicle, but I would have to throw a toss up between 69 Charger and 72 Cuda for the best.
Worst...72 Pinto. Need I say more?

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Director Emeritus

Garage
Best would have to be the '06 SRT8 Grand Cherokee.

Worst was my first car - 1974 Mustang II... 88 HP 2.3L POS
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

Mark.. Mustangs are just glorified Ford Falcons!

ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #9

As far as the best:

Tie between my Daytona and my previous truck - 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab Short Bed with a Cummins 24 valve Turbo Diesel.

The worst?

I hate to say this but....

Back a couple years ago when my tranny input shaft snapped after the TQ froze up, while it was in the shop the rental lot gave me a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 2 wheel drive with a 4.7 (or what ever size that is). The suspension on this truck sucked so bad!! I had to drive it for 9 days before I got my truck back and every damn day after work I was in the HOT!!! shower and had taken 3 advil before I got in, my back was hurting so bad from being thrown around all over the place - WITH MY SEAT BELT ON! - in the cab of that truck! Twisting and bending in all kinds of angles! You don't know how badly I prayed every day for them to hurry and fix my truck I missed my torsion bar suspension so bad!

In all honestly, I don't know how you all with 2 wheel drive can take that damn coil spring front suspension!

ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #10

Garage
Well, you did say "driven", so the worst would have to be one of the crap things I drove at Mecum in January. Not sure which one, though. Was it the '57 'Bird with the bad shifter or any number of the Corvettes? Maybe it was the brand-new '75 Caprice Classic 'vert with the light-switch brakes and washed-out shocks.

"Best" is easier: my 300C. Still love it and going on six years.