Bad Drivers! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions)

Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Our cities are full of them - Bad drivers. It's one thing to have to maneuver around them day by day or to watch them climb your bumper at a traffic light. It's another thing when you have to ride along with them. So, say it was your wife, husband, parent, son, daughter, best friend or car pool/co-worker driving and you're their passenger...How would you tell them they're a bad driver? Would you be tactful or would you hit them over the head with it?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Our cities are full of them - Bad drivers. It's one thing to have to maneuver around them day by day or to watch them climb your bumper at a traffic light. It's another thing when you have to ride along with them. So, say it was your wife, husband, parent, son, daughter, best friend or car pool/co-worker driving and you're their passenger...How would you tell them they're a bad driver? Would you be tactful or would you hit them over the head with it?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage
I'm a good driver and I take driving very seriously. But I'm a terrible passenger. Rarely will I ride with someone else driving. In the case of riding with a bad driver I'd be up front in telling them what they did wrong. Gently or bluntly, depending on the infraction. Hurt feelings are temporary and heal easily. Physical injuries aren't and don't.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
I don't ride with anyone... When I have to I'll ride with my son but he's about it, and he makes me as nervous as a whore in church.
I have yet to find a way to tell someone that they are not a good driver. My neighbor is a good guy but a terribly driver. He hasn't been involved in any big accidents so he thinks the great.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
Greg

Garage
When i was younger I love to drive, now I don't like to drive and if I can get someone else to drive I will. I had a co-worker who would have the driving chores when we travelled. he was a terrible driver, but I was accustomed to he's odd stops and turns. Kinda entertaining watching the reactions of the other drivers as we made our way from hotels to job sites. I would give him advice, like isn't that our exit? But it always seem to distract him from some multi lane change to catch the exit at the last minute. Turn signals are for the impaired that can't see where the car is going.. When we were back at the home office I would make sure he was busy for at least 10 minutes after I left to make sure we didn't cross paths on the highway.

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
When i was younger I love to drive, now I don't like to drive and if I can get someone else to drive I will. I had a co-worker who would have the driving chores when we travelled. he was a terrible driver, but I was accustomed to he's odd stops and turns. Kinda entertaining watching the reactions of the other drivers as we made our way from hotels to job sites. I would give him advice, like isn't that our exit? But it always seem to distract him from some multi lane change to catch the exit at the last minute. Turn signals are for the impaired that can't see where the car is going.. When we were back at the home office I would make sure he was busy for at least 10 minutes after I left to make sure we didn't cross paths on the highway.
You're one brave soul!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Greg

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by RockyMtnXpress:
Quote:
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
You're one brave soul!
No, not brave. But over time riding with him I learned that he was really doing the best he knew how and actually thought he was a superior driver. As for me I only drive on the sidewalk when I'm trying to pass and the road is blocked with traffic.....

HTC 2018 TOTY

Old 12-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
Well, its just an occupational hazard for me, as a general rule, no matter where i am in North America, most people think turn signals are optional, 75% of people have no idea how to merge properly and whenever there is some bad driving going on, the culprit is usually holding a cell phone. I am actually considering investing in a good video camera to go on the dash in the new year, just to capture some of the unbelievable things i see out here on a daily basis.
HTC MEMBER #2460
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 4x4 Second Swarm #3248
2015 Peterbilt 389, 550hp Cummins ISX

AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Greg

Garage
While in San Diego I was trying to walk across the street in Mission Bay and the red light was ran by three different cars. Each was using a cell at the time. Here in the PI a turn signal has many meanings. 1. I'm going to turn. 2. I made a turn. 3. I'm going to pass. 4. I recently passed. 5. I don't have brake lights so I'm using my turn signal. 6. I have a turn signal and showing it off. 7. I don't have a right turn signal so I'm using my left. 8 Visa versa. 9. My signal is wired to my brake light. You get the picture..

HTC 2018 TOTY

Old 12-31-2011, 05:27 AM   #10
"Bob"

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbertaHemi:
Well, its just an occupational hazard for me, as a general rule, no matter where i am in North America, most people think turn signals are optional, 75% of people have no idea how to merge properly and whenever there is some bad driving going on, the culprit is usually holding a cell phone. I am actually considering investing in a good video camera to go on the dash in the new year, just to capture some of the unbelievable things i see out here on a daily basis.
that would be a good idea Dave. for both the humor and to protect your self.the things we see out there would amaze some people.i've always wanted a police officer to ride with me for just one day, so they could see for them self,